If your were to assemble a vintage system ?

Let’s say you were going to put together a vintage system and your source was primarily vinyl. Your price limit is $1500. What would it be? 
Make it as musical as possible. Super detail or thunderous bass isn’t going to be very high on the list. My first thought would be a 70’s Marantz receiver (50ish wpc is more than adequate) an 80’s AR table, and any iteration of a Vandersteen 2C that didn’t bust the budget. 

Could easily also swap in a Pioneer SX750 instead of a Marantz. 
Cartridge? Not sure- might actually go with something modern/current. AT or Nagaoka 

what would you put together? 
128x128zavato
1.Any Vintage Luxman rosewood finished receiver!
2.Any East Coast Sound speaker, AR, Advent, ADS, etc.!
3. Any Micro-Seiki turntable with any Grado cartridge!
spendor bc1 ~800
nad 3020 or 3040 ~300
technics table, at95e or at12sa ~400

musicality in spades
40-50 years ago fellas.. Unless you were someone with a lot of money you bought a receiver.. I owned a MX110, first then C22, BUT a Sansui or Accuphase there was no better.. 50 years ago. Mcintosh maybe.. Marantz if you could afford it. Same with Mac..

NONE of the stuff would have come close to 1500, though..NEW right?

I paid 4400.00 and got a steal for 2 MC240 and a C22. I paid another 450.00 For a Thoren TD124 II/SME 3012 1979-80. Seq ser numbers on the Mac 240s too.

Now close to 15-20K if they were taken care of..Mint 20-25K
NEVER Unboxed 30K.
I love Mac...and Thoren. Garrard is the one that blows me away, today, mercy are they expensive, Glad I kept a couple.. Thoren is a lot better unit though..Hands down! Even their belt decks are better.

RUSSCO = Garrard Killers... 1/10 the price.. 3 times the weight..What does that work out to per pound?

Regards
I'd have to go with my first decent system I put together in the 70's
Dynaco SCA80 
Large Advents
Dynaco FM5
AR turntable