want to get up and streaming with all new gear, please help

Hello everyone,
origianlly i guess I am looking for input on the best way to connect up a Blue sound Node 2I and a BC E1X integrated amp w/DAC.

but I’ve been out of the loop so long I’m lost on the finer points of streaming, ROON, etc. and not sure if I even need everything I bought to do the trick.

I do not have a ROON subscription as of yet but if needed….

I have several personal confusers including a MAC desktop which has an AQ Red dragon USB DA. a new 15:” Alienware laptop. a couple dell desktops. the Blue Sound Node and the Bel Canto E1X w/on board DA.

as all of the home audio items are new, i’ve not connected anything to anything yet apart from ethernet cables and one pr of analog ICs. not even powered anything up.

i did install the Blue sound app on my iphone and I believe BC has an app called sEEK I probably should install too..

is the BS Node necessary for streaming and NAS file playback given the Bel Canto’s dA digital feature set and numerous digital interfaces, or was that purchase senselewss?

I got the impression the BC INT ether net interface was only for firmware updates but I could be off on this point.

i have a synology two bay NAS with about 70K mostly lossless files, sevewral USB thumb or powered drives loaded with redundant file bacups, subscriptions to Apple music and Spodofy.

i use FUBAR 2K for file playback on both Ms and MAC platforms.

I intend on trying to acquire a higher res streaming service ala, geaser, Tidal Ammazon, or possibly that french outfit if any or all are supported by my present hardware. i suppose if one is not supported perhaps ROON might come into play.

i’m thinking too I’m gonna need some new cables as the only one on hand is an Oyade BNC.

Any EXP in this area would be sincerely appreciated.
thanks much!!
blindjim
Yes the Node duplicates the features in your Bel Canto.

Features include software controlled Trim, Bass EQ and subwoofer filter management. Roon Ready or DLNA control with Bel Canto SEEK iOS APP to stream Tidal/MQA, Qobuz or your personal library.

So basically download the Bel Canto app and you can start streaming, you do not need Roon DLNA control works. It’s likely the app has control software of it’s own or will point you in a recommended direction.
I’m a Roon addict and a Node 2! user. They go together well. Some don’t like the DAC in the Node 2i. 
All the outputs of the Node 2i are “hot” so it is really easy to connect up all its different analogue and digital outputs to your amp/dac and then just by switching source you can have a listen to see if there are differences you can hear, and if so then settle on the route you prefer. 
I run my Node’s coax to the digital input of my amp. I think maybe I heard a small difference compared to the optical alternative, but I doubt it really.  But my son was convinced the DAC in the amp gave a better sound to the DAC in the Node, so we don’t use the analogue out option. 
Roon gives you a view of your signal path, a DSP option, and great metadata. Your Mac is a good home for the Roon software. 
You don’t NEED Roon it’s just a resource taxing luxury. I used to use my Synology. Better sound and faster loading on local SSDs. You can load tracks on memory remotely via WiFi on most streamers. The only one of 5 I cannot is the BluSound.
That’s OK, I hate BluOS’s persistant queue anyway.
In the future I see atreaming from your own tracks on the cloud. Not sure when it will sound as good.

@jond
Yes the Node duplicates the features in your Bel Canto.

blindjim>
lovely. exactly the same way mostly? via ethernet and its ‘SEEK’ app?

@jond
So basically download the Bel Canto app and you can start streaming, you do not need Roon DLNA control works. It’s likely the app has control software of it’s own or will point you in a recommended direction.

blindjim>
outstanding. thanks much.

@bluemoodriver
All the outputs of the Node 2i are “hot” so it is really easy to connect up all its different analogue and digital outputs to your amp/dac and then just by switching source you can have a listen to see if there are differences…

blindjim>
can the sources be selected via the IOS app of the BSN2i?

somehow I missed the idea the BSN2 uses touch controls and different colored lights or such on top of the unit for various things.

my inability to see poses some issues if that is the only way one can alter inputs or outputs.

fuzztone
You don’t NEED Roon it’s just a resource taxing luxury. I used to use my Synology. Better sound and faster loading on local SSDs. You can load tracks on memory remotely via WiFi on most streamers. The only one of 5 I cannot is the BluSound.

blindjim>
Thus far that seems par for the course!

not sure I'd dig having to use ROON myself.

what fashion, or method/plan do you use to stream tracks off of your Synology?

I bought the 720 plus. installed a pair of WD Gold 12TB HDDs and use RAID 1 to mirror the content, hence about 11TB of useable space.

I’ve only got about 700GB of mostly lossless music right now. about 65K or 70K tracks. across various formats, FLAC, AIF, ALAC, etc.

have you installed in the package Center some audio apps or server apps that help?

or are you using 3rd party apps on your mobile device to arrange, collate, and playback playlists into your dA?

syn used to have its own music app, ‘DS Audio’ I think. a bit clunky IMO.

I just got my 720 up and running yesterday. copying files to it presently while awaiting the BC integrated and some remodeling to be done, so any walk thru or step b step on the above would be extremely appreciated.

looks like the BSN is gonna eitehr get sold or shoved into the bed room rig.
many, many thanks, jim