Why would 2 schiit aegir amps sound the same as 1?

My setup is forte 3s, schiit freya+ preamp and 2 schiit aegir amps.  They accidentally only sent 1 amp last week so I was able to trial my system for a week before my second amp came and I switched the aegir from stereo mode to two monoblocks. Yes my speakers are high sensitivity but I’m surprised I need to turn my volume dial to roughly the same spot on the dial.  I was definitely expecting more going from a 20 watt stereo amp to two 80 watt amps.  Overall I’m happy with the sound but maybe I just don’t need both amps?
varchard
According to Stereophile measurements, the amp is 28 wpc into 8 ohms in stereo mode and 49 wpc in mono. So you have just about the same power no mater how you hook it up. (28X4 or 49X2) But even if it had twice the power in mono mode, that’s only 3db, not much change. The amp is probably limited by it’s power supply and that doesn’t change.
Does it sound the same to you or just have roughly the same volume? Using balanced into monoblocks should yield less noise and better channel separation. I would think that would be the main attraction. I recall a Steve Gutenberg video that compared 1 to 2. If I had a balanced out on my pre I would consider it for those reasons rather than any power requirements. I’m sure I already have adequate headroom with 1. 

Found the video - https://youtu.be/mj6uuRFlRLs