Receivers compatible with Infinity CS-3008 speakers

Hello.  I am new to this and I by no means consider myself to be an audiophile.  My low end Onkyo receiver is severely under powered for my Infinity CS-3008s (clipping at a moderately high volume).  My previous receiver was a Technics circa early eighties model which apparently could not keep up and was recently taken off life support.  Question: What is the recommended power rating for a receiver/amp which will do justice to my speakers?  I am open to recommendations as to make and model, but am not looking to take out a second mortgage on my home in order to upgrade to a better receiver which hopefully will be matched to my speakers (which will probably be the last speakers I ever own in my life).  Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Cameron
128x128cpkennelley
I should have specified that this is not for a home theater set-up.  Strictly audio, consisting of CDs and records played on a cheap Denon turntable purchased from Best Buy.  I prefer my music on the "bass heavy" side.  The combination of the Technics receiver with the speakers gave me great "bottom", and truthfully, I can't say for sure that the fact that the receiver finally crapped out had anything to do with the CS-3008s and/or playing music at an excessive volume as I tend to do when in our backyard.  I will say that the Onkyo does not perform on a level with the old Technics.  I picked up the Onkyo in the late 90s or early 2000s at Circuity City.  I believe I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $140 so that tells you I probably bought the equivalent of a toy.  Model # for Technics receiver is SA-5370.  For the Onkyo it's TX-8511. 
Don't even consider a receiver. Most are pure junk. Look at a high quality integrated amp. Tubes would be my first choice, but there are some good SS integrateds out there too.

Oz

Like others, I would recommend a integrated amp.  Yamaha makes a AS701 which can be had new for $700. You never stated budget. 
Wow...

Did a bit of searching and well reviewed integrated amps and receivers with 100 watts, or so are in the $1K+ range (aside from the Yamaha Mesch mentioned).

Audioadvisor has a Cambridge receiver (100 watts I think) for $500, but it has mixed reviews (some great/some not).

The Outlaw receiver (now $1K) has good reviews (including the phono section) and the power section seems to safe for head banging SPL's with your speakers.

Oddly enough you could put together a system for $920 (not including tax/shipping) from Schiit Audio comprised of...

- Vidar power amp $700
- SYS passive preamp $50
- Mani phono preamp $130
- 2 pairs of 6" IC cables $40

And, they are made in California.

I myself would prefer a simple integrated solution (been thinking of replacing my separate's with such for a few years now), but the Schiit stuff is enticing.

DeKay

Someone "in the business" is recommending the Parasound  NewClassic 200 Integrated Amplifier with DAC as having sufficient power to drive the Infinity CS-3008 speakers.  I am unfamiliar with Parasound as it is not a brand familiar to me such as Denon or Marantz.  Any advice?