Room acoustics - Spending and sound videos

HI all,
Because I’m one of their top social media influencers (hahahaha) GIK acoustics sent me a couple of videos which go to some topics we’ve had recently about budgeting for room acoustics and how a room sounds with/without room treatment. While I am a fanboy, these are vendor videos so take with appropriate skepticism.

Budgeting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UFg2IXT9wU&feature=youtu.be

Sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9u6rvWSTDM&feature=youtu.be

Even though this is a vendor video, the dollar amounts suggested here are far far less than we've seen in some discussions. 

erik_squires
@mahgister 
I guess nobody will believe me that acoustic treatment can be done at no cost at all....
I've seen you post about your system and your embeddings dozens of time and at great length. Many people do listen to your observations and some have confirmed you're on to some very good ideas. Why are do you play a sad violin? What kind of award would you like?

Why are do you play a sad violin? What kind of award would you like?
Thanks for your patience with my posts and anyone else posts...

"Sad violin" ? please dont pick a formulation in my post to interpret it like if i was sad....On the contrary i am an enthusiast nature...I only ask how anybody can belive me if i had hard time to believe me myself...It is only an expression about my own surprize...

I dont want to post for an "award", i give my post for the many new people here who read about "costly" acoustic treatment...I want to give hope to some beginners without money and who will be willing to experiment... Thats all....I remember my own sadness to lack money 7 years ago with the ONLY general trend and audiophile motto being upgrading at all cost.... This is very deceiving attitude.... I want to correct this for those who dont have plenty of money... And i wanted to give some new and unorthodox possibilities to contemplate...

By the way, save for me, who DARE to talk about the possibility of audiophile experience at peanuts costs? Name one....

Then i understand that you are tired to read my posts, pass them, it is simple no?

There is plenty of newcomers who have not read them.... Is there a law against my post in an acoustic thread, giving another bell tune to the general consumers buying spree?

I only sell enthusiasm and creativity..... Thats all.....Then feel free to ignore my posts.... I cannot mute myself because you are tired to read me....If many people say the samething i will go out definitively.... I am very polite and respectful.... Enthusiasm is my main defect....Imagination too...

By the way my reward is my music.... And the few "thank you" of some others....

My best to you and my apology for being  tiresome....

«Mosquitoes flight are fascinating or tiresome, pick your perspective»-Groucho Marx
Knowledge is power.  Ignorance gives birth to futility and frustration.   A guy with no knowledge of acoustics or measurement capability sending GIK (or their competitors) 3K and say. "Tell me where to put it" is pretty much like a blind man in a dark room with a shotgun.  If he shoots 6 rounds, he is probably going to hit something, but it is a rather inefficient approach.  These audio consultants can certainly help, but I have had enough experience with them to know their recommendations are based on what they have found to be generally true.  I've gotten bad advice from more than one of them.   

It really depends upon what you want.  If you don't have time, do have, money, and want to make your room better, GIK and others can help.  If you want to transform your room/system into the best possible listening experience, you better be ready to do the work it takes to fully understand the principles and learn how to use measurement tools to put those principles into practice within the context of your room.  
Knowledge is power.  Ignorance gives birth to futility and frustration.   A guy with no knowledge of acoustics or measurement capability sending GIK (or their competitors) 3K and say. "Tell me where to put it" is pretty much like a blind man in a dark room with a shotgun.  If he shoots 6 rounds, he is probably going to hit something, but it is a rather inefficient approach.  These audio consultants can certainly help, but I have had enough experience with them to know their recommendations are based on what they have found to be generally true.  I've gotten bad advice from more than one of them.  

It really depends upon what you want.  If you don't have time, do have, money, and want to make your room better, GIK and others can help.  If you want to transform your room/system into the best possible listening experience, you better be ready to do the work it takes to fully understand the principles and learn how to use measurement tools to put those principles into practice within the context of your room.  
 I think you are totally right...

It takes me 2 years.... It is not perfect, but it is so good that before and after had no comparison at all.... It is like upgrading from the worst system to a very good one.... Not the best but for panuts costs and fun experiments... What can i say?

My best to you...