Schiit Freya damage by giving it an electric static discharge on the volume knob.

Anyone had his Schiit Freya Tube Preamp "zapped" by carpet electricity build-up while touching the metal volume knob? just to find out the your device lost 70% of its original volume out?
Today, the wife while trying to lower the volume on my music she accidentally gave a carpet electric discharge to the knob and the music stopped, but the unit remained off, so I turned it off, and back on, just to find out that the volume knob, did not make any relay noise until you start getting to the 3 0-clock position, then little by little the music starts playing back but when you get to the maximum, the output it only about 30% of it,
I believe the volume relay board got damaged up to some point, but since I am not familiar with this type of "volume technology", I have no idea the extent of the damage. Wondering if any Freya users there heard of this issue before, how to fix it, and how to prevent this from happening in the future.
128x128centaurojz
I'm not any help but I had a Monster Power Center. at least I think that is what they called it. Anyway, I did what you did to your Schitt and that was it, the unit was toast and was replaced by Monster. The part it took out was not repairable. They use to have a complete line of them but not anymore. I hope your unit is repairable.
OP, did you just try to unplug it, wait and plug it back in?

Cost nothing. I would think a valve went bad, part of a gain stage. Do the valves light up? 

IF you turn off the valve stage does the volume go UP? I think that will solve that TS part. If it's low when on valves, and higher without, pointing to the valve portion. Valve, or auto bias circuit, something like that..

Good luck..
There are different relays to control the volume depending on which level you want. One of those relays might have been fried by the static zap.. 
I zapped my Yggdrasil dac and it shut down completely..  it did power up and all is well.. but I try to ground myself first to the rack before changing any controls..  The remote is a great way to no zap the preamp..