Speaker set up and IRREGULAR rooms.

So this is sort of an update to an earlier post which some of you responded to http://https//forum.audiogon.com/discussions/not-in-love-with-my-system-yet-help. I have been on a steep learning curve since that time. I truly desire to have what I purchased performing as well as possible. I know one of my next steps will be room treatment. I know I will need to do some "embeddings", my maghistar homage. Presently I have been taking measurements using a Umik1 and REW. I had purchased a miniDSP to help but evidently they can not be used in this manner when an integrated is involved.

My process has involved taking measurements from the LP on Left and Right sub only and manually moving the subs until I got the best response across the 20-200 spectrum individually. I next did the same with L&R mains. My right channel has a pretty flat response, my left has a 28dB drop at 70hZ and another dip of 20 at 130hZ. No matter where I placed the sub or the main on that left side made much improvement at all. I tried adjusting the gain on the L sub to try to smooth it out. Nothing helped. Now I would think that's a lot of things I'm missing when listening correct? I know I've read on this forum freqs below 100 aren't directional but if there's this difference is between one sub/ main and the sub/main on the other channel my mind can't help but think it can't be good. Since mechanical manipulation via miniDSP isn't possible what can I look for? I am here to learn still so be gentle.
dadork
Ditto on the bass traps. You are kind of beating yourself on the head with a hammer until you get the room under better control. I had similar issues, added some room correction, tightened everything right up. Not perfect, but that’s nearly impossible. I was able to dial things in with treatments alone, I wound up not needing any DSP.
Try my Helmholtz Fibonacci room tuner....

Or begin with my simple pipe Helmholtz resonators ...

Three pipes around 3 feet high,3/4 inch diameter, wrapped the mouth with thin plastic sheet, pin a hole with a toothpick in it,😊 put a regular straw on the hole.... Put the three pipes in a brick with holes in it....Things done.... 😊

Cost: peanuts....

Experiment with different lenght of pipes around 3 feet for bass optimization in relation to the room proportion...

Material passive treatment is ONLY half of an acoustic job....Unbeknownst to most.....

The other missing half are the methods you need to ACTIVATED your room with an array of small pressurized engines to control frequencies: Helmholtz Tubes and pipes.... Helmholtz is the real father of room acoustic after the Greek....

The room is NOT a passive servant of the speakers with passive bouncing walls....Most people think like that even acoustic company .... This is a BAD representation.....Because a small room need more active control than a theater...

The room is integral PART of the speakers, his MAIN component, an ACTIVE one, the Helmholtz grid of pipes and tubes work regulating the already pressurized heterogenuous spring-like molecules of air, by acting on the frequencies scale with his particular mass/springs or neck/volume geometry distributions in the room....

Your room is like a violin string, applying the right compressive force give the best tone....The sound waves travelling near a hundred times each second in your room make its atmosphere like a tense string.... ( approx80 times for each second in my room of 13 feet square)

Perhaps you will need only one subwoofer after that.... 😁😊😎

I dont have one and my speakers gives me all that i need optimally in bass, for their specifications.... 45 hertz.... (I listen only to tuba not earthquake) ....Thanks to Helmholtz...

My best to you from my heart....
@geof3 I agree wholeheartedly and am looking to build my own traps possibly. Going without DSP it will have to be and it is sounding the best I've ever had it and am enjoying what I hear. Just as most striving for best possible with what I have and hoping that would have helped.

@erik_squires I did repeated measurements with REW on the subs measuring each individually with the mains disconnected until I got the best response from each. I don't know if this was the right method but it certainly helped with SQ overall. Is it the best it can get? Probably not but it's much more listenable and I have even tamed some bass issues and gotten much better clarity. I have unfortunately found the DDRC24 miniDSP is incompatible with most integrated amps so I will not be able to employ it for such purposes. 
@mahgistarThis is something that I'd like to try. I'm pretty handy so I might dress it up a bit. I guess the Argent Room Lens was a commercial version of this. 
  "Three pipes around 3 feet high,3/4 inch diameter, wrapped the mouth with thin plastic sheet, pin a hole with a toothpick in it,😊 put a regular straw on the hole.... " Could you elaborate? Thin plastic sheet? Saran wrap? Put a straw on the hole? In or on? 

@mahgistarThis is something that I’d like to try. I’m pretty handy so I might dress it up a bit. I guess the Argent Room Lens was a commercial version of this.
"Three pipes around 3 feet high,3/4 inch diameter, wrapped the mouth with thin plastic sheet, pin a hole with a toothpick in it,😊 put a regular straw on the hole.... " Could you elaborate? Thin plastic sheet? Saran wrap? Put a straw on the hole? In or on?
I am very imaginative but not crafty with my hand...

You can even make it esthetical...

But i recommend that you try my cheap version to experiment in your room dimensions...It is more easy to experiment with a cheap version after that the measures you need in pocket you will be able to create esthetical modern art with these pipes.....Begins with 3 pipes same lenght around 2 feet and 6 inches under 3 feet and six inches...Use a brick with hole et VOILA!

Use straws to give to the pipes or bottles a neck.....

The more important point is that you must use plumber pipes it is cheap... Saran wrap will do yes.... on the saran wrap cut a tiny hole with a needle the size of s toothpick, glued the straw on this hole... You then have a Helmholtz tube with a long neck it will give better result than without the straw...

The lenght of the pipes could be multiple of the Fibonacci ratio.... But try around 2 feet and 3 feet and some inches to begin with to tame your bass....

You must experiment for the right dimensions.... No room is the same....

Myself i use 18 of them and the results are great.... I cannot improve it, save for more precise lenght/frequencies adjustement this summer....

This may be very powerful, like changing your amplifier or more.... People have NO idea of what acoustic is and could do....All reviewers mention acoustic, if they mention it, like a secondary matter compared to the gear they try to sell us...This is completely deceiving.... Bullshit to make consumers bought new products.... I know that by experience and experiments.... I dont read reviews no more....

It is NOT only the speakers that give the sound we hear at the end, it is the room good or bad.....Who says that? Almost everyone believe that it is only or mainly the speakers....This is not true an activated room is on par with the speakers.... The Helmholtz principle is the main low cost tool for ACTIVATING a room....

My best to you....