Your thoughts on my plans..

After reading through some of the forums, I might be a bit under developed for this forum, but I was invited after buying a Era Gold mk.V with PSU1..

I am setting up my first phono system and the only real experience I have is many decades ago with my fathers technics ?? turntable and Teac amplifier.
I have some disposable income, but am not wealthy and didn’t want to spend a fortune to break into this world right away.. I think I’ll likely inherit some of my dad’s record collection - but I’ll also be buying newer albums to listen to. My music taste is fairly eclectic with more emphasis on country (think Chris Stapleton / Eric Church) and folk (think Mumford & Sons / Lumineers).

I have purchased a Pro-Ject X1, GSP Era Gold mk. V with PSU1 and Martin Logan Motion 40 speakers.. i plan to amp through either my Sonos Amp (125w/ch) or my Yamaha A1010 AVR (110w/ch)...first choice being Sonos so I can also stream to other speakers around the home...although I’m open to buying a dedicated amp and if neither of these do sonic justice. Besides the two amplifiers, I’m still waiting on all to be delivered..
I’ve read through the forum a little tonight and feel my system is undeserving of being here, but thought some of you might have an opinion on my choices so far and if you think I’ve made any poor life choices so far.
kintama21
I would listen to what you have bought and enjoy it for awhile if you feel the need to upgrade later so be it but you would want to start with better amplification.
Maybe take another step in your journey with a Hegel or Prima Luna integrated amp.
kintama, welcome aboard. The only real thing you'll need to have to be here is thick skin. Beyond that, you've got it covered.
I'd chime in, contrary to arcticdeth's advice, you do not need a 250-300 amp. If that were true, it would rule out 99% of the great equipment out there. Best of luck.
Thick skin, check!! I’m pretty snarky and believe you get what you give...so I’m used to a quick jab here and there!

The ML Motion 40s are 4 ohm speakers, so both of the amplifiers I already have are in the 225-250w range at 4 ohm loads. 
A review of the AVR at audioholics shows the “RX-A1010...into 1 or 2 channels driven into 4-ohm loads producing in excess of 260wpc. Yamaha specs the RX-A1010 as being able to deliver 210wpc dynamically into a 4-ohm load. I would say that is rather conservative given my measurement results using the CEA 2006 burst test.”
With the AVR I can bi-amp using the second zone (and setting the receiver up for it in the GUI)...I have some options and if these don’t work out I can always buy a dedicated 2ch power amp with my tax return. 😜
OP: The issue is not watts per se but current, or the lack thereof. Most AVR manufacturers have mastered the game of showing excellent wattage numbers and THD and all the jazz! The simple fact is that unless you get a dedicated 2 channel amp with high current and a well made power supply, you simply won't get the sound quality you're after. Early on, I went through many AVRs ranging from $1000-3500 but nothing came close to even a modestly priced 2 channel amp with high current and high quality parts. This is possible because none of the cost of an integrated amp goes toward paying licensing fees to the likes of THX or Dolby, and it doesn't have to worry about providing 5 million inputs and outputs in the back, or other types of processing trickery. The focus is primarily on improving sound quality with no distractions.

If I were you I would look for a dedicated 2 channel amp with HT bypass. I would also forget about Magnolia and buy something in the used market. Maybe something like a Yamaha S2100 between $1500-18000.