Phono amplification bang for the buck

I tried asking a similar question over in amps/preamps but I didn’t get anything useful over there. I’m hoping I can here.

I have a Michel Gyrodec II with SME 309 arm, and several different low output MC cartridges(.2-.4 mv output).

My budget is around $4000 give or take. I need mc/mm phono amplification and line level preamplification. I am looking at new or demo. I would consider used only if it has a significant transferable manufacturer’s warranty.

My question is, given my needs, would I get better bang for the buck at this price level by getting a preamp with an integrated phono stage, or going with a line level preamp and a separate phono stage?

Thanks.
xaak
If you want a tube preamp with a phono stage the best bang-for-the-buck is an ARC SP6! I have one - paid less than $1K for it! Add a good SUT like a Bellari ($350 - I have one) and you'll have LP playback competitive with upper four-figure gear!
Ok, pushing equipment at this point is premature.  It doesn't really answer my question.

elliotnewcombjr, I've been at this since the 70's.  I have a few SUTs, and SUT's are not without their own issues, no matter how good they are.  You still get distortion, though different from active stages.  I see SUTs as a situation dependent option, but I am looking for an active phono stage that can handle low output MCs and MMs.

I am not looking for ancient vintage stuff (I owned enough of that back in the day), I'm looking for new/demo/still under warranty stuff.