Anybody use a stereo amp with their ht? And ..

Noticed that ht sound quality is diminished when having main speaker cables routed thru the stereo amp via ht bypass setup?

I say this cause I hooked up a stereo preamp and noticed that ht sounds are diminished after signal flows thru the stereo preamp.  Anybody see this too?  Stereo did sound a lot better since it no longer was connected to the avr.  Guess you can’t get ht and hifi great sq when linking ht and hifi systems together.  
Thanks.
jumia
Depends on the gear, I sometimes use play through, I use Mac. 

The cabling between the two, and the type of gear make a BIG difference.

I notice a difference, but not a bad difference. One is a C2500, and I just put a MX150 back in service. I was using a MX120 (I love the 3 speaker set up on that unit..) I didn't like the 121. or 151

If the kids come over I have a HT kinda set up.. As much as I can stand anyways. I'm not much of a TV or HT guy.. A good concert, I'm game..

Laptop yes, TV no. 30 years now.. :-) 

Regards

ht sounds are diminished after signal flows thru the stereo preamp
Can you be more specific what differences you’re hearing?  Are you using a center channel speaker in HT?  What interconnects are you using from preamp outs to the stereo pre?

Post removed 
Post removed 
I run an Ayre KX-5 Twenty with an Anthem AVM60 processor via HT bypass.  Absolutely no loss in fidelity on either side (HT or stereo).  The only thing damping my stereo listening is that 65" flat screen in the middle of the room.  But nothing is perfect...