Low power- transparency, dimension, dynamics and bass, or...

I've built several mature and immature systems over the years. That’s part of the fun for me. I’m exploring the possibility of getting the three dimensional sound of a monitor, with the tectonic plate shifting bass of a high quality sub. Can anyone speak to an integration point of say 50-80hz where it made more sense to focus on a high quality smaller speaker (in a medium sized room) vs a "full range" (35hz) speaker? In my experience the full range speaker can have more slam but not necessarily the imaging or quality of drivers. The monitor can struggle with dynamics. This also has me considering smaller horns or dual concentric drivers, but would they be difficult to integrate with a traditional sub or two? I’ve always been a fan of class a and tubes presentation but open to ideas.
I recently had a pair of O/93’s with great dynamics and bass to 30hz but disliked the dimensionality and upper mids of that speaker. I value dimension, image, dynamic ease, transparency, warm side of neutral. Trying to keep this speaker adventure under $6-8k used. I’ve talked to a few people that have said forget low power, increase speaker budget and go for Treo’s or a set of bigger Tannoys. Speakers would be 9 feet apart could be 2’ out 2’ from corners/open floor plan to larger space.

Some ideas- would like to hear bigger Harbeths with subs
Try the Soul Supreme with subs?
Arden, or Autograph mini with dual subs never heard Tannoy
Treo- owned older Model 5, 12 years ago for a limited time- tech seems to have really improved.
Horns but feel like the integration of technologies will be a challenge.
Single driver same issue as horns right?

bjesien
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I don’t always often check on these pages but I’ve made notes of the above suggestions. One I want to direct to DJ regarding the Adam Audio. Thanks for recommending the monitor with that kind of range. I currently have a bias to passive speakers because I usually have a few amps that I like to try on speakers. It’s a part of the audiophile journey that I enjoy, most of the time.
SRA slam in my mind is explosive transients with fast leading edges and decay that also captures the texture and tone on the instrument or device in the process. The orangutans do this beautifully with such low power. Most music has it as a foundation to the recording. So many speakers miss the mark. AKA kick-ass bass.
@bjesien --

...  perhaps I am after that beauty over accuracy- but so be it, I am the only one in my listening space to enjoy the illusion. Or is that delusion?

https://jeffsplace.positive-feedback.com/my-audio-system-sucks-what-should-i-do/?fbclid=IwAR09BqcSy8...
SRA slam in my mind is explosive transients with fast leading edges and decay that also captures the texture and tone on the instrument or device in the process.
sometimes it is not problem of speakers,but rather preamp unable reproduce  such sound.Audio research ref preamps captures texture and tone of the instruments
@bjesien , No reason a monitor placed on a proper stand with multiple subwoofers can not be very dynamic as long as the room is not too large. In larger rooms line source speakers are going to rule the dynamic roost. I am going to side with douglas_schroeder on this issue. If you want real dyamics, not just bass but things like snare drum snaps and somebody clapping right next to you than power is everything. I am also talking about dynamics at an average 95 dB sound pressure level. Good high power amps have a majestic effortless quality missing in any low power amp. 300B amps on very efficient speakers will go loud (a very colored loud) but they won't go loud with chutzpah even with subwoofers. If you want the absolute best imaging on any system then subwoofer are a necessity. Used with a full two way crossover removing the bass from the main speaker lowers it's distortion levels at volume rather dramatically. Cleaner sound always produces a better image. You will hear people with subwoofers always say that they knew they would get more bass but they never expected the midrange to get so much better. This is why. Next. A good image depends on your ability to localize sounds. This ability is based on volume and phasing (time) between your ears. No two identical speakers will ever have exactly the same frequency response then you put them in different parts of the room and their frequency response becomes even more divergent. As the frequency response differs the balance between the speakers changes shifting the image one way or the other at specific frequencies resulting in a smeared image. The only way to deal with this effectively is room control (really speaker control) Each speaker is measured by calibrated microphone and it's response corrected so that both speakers now have exactly the same frequency response. Then you can create target curves to create the sound you like. People will tell you you can do this with room treatment and that is total hogwash. First of all, you have no idea what is going on until you measure the speakers (a life changing experience). People will tell you they can do this by ear. Also total hogwash. Nobodies hearing is as accurate as a computer and claiming theirs is puts them in the, " I never want to listen to that person category because their ego is bigger than their..." 
So, A pair of Harbeths on stands with 4 12" subwoofers and a DEQX Premate (Not that expensive at all!) will easily put you in the ultimate system catagory. Any 100 watt/ch class A amp will do driving the Harbeths. SVS 12" subs will do fine. You will be using the crossover in the DEQX. The subs are also measured and corrected. They should always be placed against a wall or in corners. https://www.deqx.com/products/premate/
I appreciate the above content. it’s a good mix of practical and contemplative thoughts on what it is we are looking to achieve.

Does anyone have any experience with Gershman? It would be a complete scratch of the "low power" desire but we have to remain open to system change as part of the fun. This is one name that came up on the side as being very "musical". Never heard them? Anyone?