Your thoughts on my plans..

After reading through some of the forums, I might be a bit under developed for this forum, but I was invited after buying a Era Gold mk.V with PSU1..

I am setting up my first phono system and the only real experience I have is many decades ago with my fathers technics ?? turntable and Teac amplifier.
I have some disposable income, but am not wealthy and didn’t want to spend a fortune to break into this world right away.. I think I’ll likely inherit some of my dad’s record collection - but I’ll also be buying newer albums to listen to. My music taste is fairly eclectic with more emphasis on country (think Chris Stapleton / Eric Church) and folk (think Mumford & Sons / Lumineers).

I have purchased a Pro-Ject X1, GSP Era Gold mk. V with PSU1 and Martin Logan Motion 40 speakers.. i plan to amp through either my Sonos Amp (125w/ch) or my Yamaha A1010 AVR (110w/ch)...first choice being Sonos so I can also stream to other speakers around the home...although I’m open to buying a dedicated amp and if neither of these do sonic justice. Besides the two amplifiers, I’m still waiting on all to be delivered..
I’ve read through the forum a little tonight and feel my system is undeserving of being here, but thought some of you might have an opinion on my choices so far and if you think I’ve made any poor life choices so far.
kintama21
Don’t be deterred by some of the pretentious personalities here. Some of them probably can’t hear their doorbell ring, yet they’ll pass judgement on hifi systems. 

The Motion40s are one of my favorite small tower speakers, regardless of price. You’re off to a great start. The only potential weak link is the amplification, though I haven’t heard either one specifically, so can’t say that with much confidence. I generally find integrated amps perform better than AVRs for two-channel music. We all have to start somewhere and you could’ve done a lot worse. 
All that matters is if you like the sound of your system and the choices. 
I think you are doing fine with choices you have made.

Listen to the music not your gear.
Undeserving system? No such thing. High end audio is not about price or prestige. It is about music. Playing music so it sounds good does require a certain amount of equipment. So to a certain extent it does matter what you have. But what you do with it matters even more. 

When it comes to what you do with it, most important of all is that you listen. Even if that is all that you do, it will be enough to show you the AVR is not the way to go, for the simple reason it sounds bad. Go ahead, listen, compare. If it sounds better, use it. If it doesn't, don't. No matter what anyone says. 

That is the difference between having a high end audio system and an expensive stereo. The beginning and end. Alpha and Omega. You listen, it sounds better, you do it. That simple. Anyone finds that undeserving, guess what? Their problem. Not yours.
I also think you’re off to a fine start, and having spent some time with the Yammy Aventage AVRs I think you may be positively surprised how good your Motion 40s sound with it.  Your speakers have a high 92dB sensitivity so power shouldn’t be a problem.  Haven’t heard the Sonos, but I’d be surprised if it sounded as good as the 1010 but you’ll know one way or the other once you listen.  Anyway, congrats on the new gear and welcome to the club!  You’re gonna have a blast, but it is a disease that only gets worse so beware.