What HT processor HDMI 2.1, and does that matter?

I'm currently using a Marantz AV7702 and when I got a PS5, which I use to stream netflix, amazon, etc., and I'll also get some 4k discs for a select few movies I really love, I had that issue with the video cutting out you may have heard about. I had to use the HDMI cable the PS5 came with, which is HDMI 2.1 certified, and the problem went away, even though neither the Marantz nor my TV has HDMI 2.1 inputs. I've been lusting after an Anthem AVM60 for a while b/c I think that will be better HT sound than the Marantz, but it also doesn't have HDMI 2.1, and neither does the current AVM70 as far as I know. Does this matter? Are there processors out there that sound good that do have HDMI 2.1? Alternatively, I was thinking of getting a TV that does have HDMI 2.1, putting the sources directly into it, and using the ARC (audio return channel) into the HT processor, but I wonder, does that significantly reduce the sound quality? I am skeptical of a TV's ARC in terms of audio but I have no experience with it. Has anyone experimented with setting it up that way and how does it sound? Thanks. 
dbw1
The latest Anthem processors and receivers have HDMI 2.1

https://www.anthemav.com/products-current/type=av-receiver/model=mrx-540/page=overview

My experience with previous gen. Anthem, Audio Return Channel and LG has been really good. I pretty much do all my Netflix/Amazon streaming via the LG TV and have not had any audio problems at all.

In the past, with my Oppo and Samsung my ARC was spotty.  It would work once connected, but sometimes I'd have to power cycle one or the other to get it to connect. 

Thank you for the info. Seems like the ARC could be a reasonable option. The new Anthem AVM70 is out of my price range. Are there other HT processors out there that have HDMI 2.1 that I could get for under 2k or so (new or used)?
Honestly, the only thing that I see of any value for HDMI 2.1 is the Dynamic HDR.  The Atmos over ARC might be useful for some people, but there isn't any content that supports HDMI 2.1 (which is basically 8k video).  My opinion is that it's so early in this evolution that you really want to wait.

That being said, there is no physical difference between HDMI 2.1, HDMI 2.0, HDMI 1.4 cables.  The only real difference is that the older cables might be missing a connection for pin 14 (ethernet/ARC).

Even HDMI 2.0 / 2.1 certification really doesn't mean the cable is great.  I have seen really old cables such as Wire World Starlight 5-2 which blow away new cables that are HDMI 2.0 certified. lol.
That's interesting. You know much more about this than me. I'm curious, if the cables aren't actually different from 2.0 to 2.1, how come the picture keeps going out from the PS5 unless I'm using a 2.1 cable? I've read online that this happens frequently and the problem goes away with a 2.1 cable, as it did for me. I'm assuming the 2.1 cable that came with the PS5 is not a great HDMI cable in terms of audio and video quality but maybe I'm wrong.