Comparison between high end preamp and av processor?

So have learned it’s difficult to integrate hifi and ht with hope of achieving the best SQ.  So thinking about getting a high end processor, eg NAD, Maestr, to get great hifi sound.  Problem I have had is that ht sq suffers when signal passes thru a line stage preamp when doing ht bypass.  So get better hifi but ht sq suffers. Sucks!!
Anybody compare preamp hifi sound with a hifi signal from a high end av processor 

thanks
jumia
So have learned it’s difficult to integrate hifi and ht with hope of achieving the best SQ.  So thinking about getting a high end processor, eg NAD, Maestr, to get great hifi sound.  Problem I have had is that ht sq suffers when signal passes thru a line stage preamp when doing ht bypass.  So get better hifi but ht sq suffers. Sucks!!

Correct. Although you are the first person in the history of audio to say it's the stereo screwing up HT sound quality. It's the HT sound quality that sucks. Period. Running it through a line stage only makes it slightly more sucky.

And combining HT will continue to suck, no matter how much time and money you throw at all the many guaranteed (not) to work "solutions". That is why all the guys who are serious (and loaded) wind up with 2 separate systems.

There is however one very simple and obvious solution that really does achieve both quality sound and video. All it requires is to break free of all the marketing mind control. Where in the world is it stated that movies require 7 channels? That the seamless sound stage that can be achieved with 2 speakers somehow requires 7 just because, video? This is so obviously marketing driven drivel I'm surprised anyone still falls for it. 

So here you go. Do this. https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367
Done. You're welcome.
Wow what a system us have.

but I don’t do 7 channel.  Only mains and center.  So I am closer to apples to apples.  Are you proposing two sets of mains and amps? Is keeping hifi and ht separate the only way?  I have never seen people with two sets of mains.

Post removed