Parasound newclassic 200 pre or a Halo P 5?

Any opinions on which way to go?  A new Parasoud Newclassic 200 pre runs around just a little more than a used Parasound P5, and they both seem to have the same DAC.  The P5 looks a little more substantial and I could save a few bucks, and aesthetically is more pleasing. 
mrgary321
I do like the features it has, but of course it needs to sound good!  Was it quiet?  And, would you say it was as good as other preamps with similar features in the the <$1000 range?  
Emotiva offers a preamp (BasX PT 100)that's only $300 with built in DAC, Phono, etc. but I have reservations.  
Was it quiet? And, would you say it was as good as other preamps with similar features in the the <$1000 range?  

Was it quiet? I don't recall it being noisy, so yes.

I haven't used any other sub $1000 pre-amps with similar features, so I can't comment on that. 

I believe you're a experienced audiophile,  while I'm just getting my feet wet!  I do know I don't like to hear background hiss or hum, so that is important to me.  I don't doubt it wouldn't sound as good as other pre amps which were not a feature rich as you say, yet it might be fine at this point for me.  If you don't mind saying, it would be interesting to know what pre amp did you replaced when you got the P5, and what did you replace that P5 with?  Again, thanks for sharing you opinion!
I also have to echo @reubent 's sentiments. I recently had a chance to demo a Parasound A21+ with a Halo P6 preamp. I found the sound to be completely lackluster and underwhelming. 

I swapped out the P6 for another pre I had laying around the house and my system came to life. The Parasound pre had no life to it. 

I recommend you look elsewhere.