Disappointment with Pass Labs - I'm looking for something else

Hello, I am new to this forum and my mother tongue is not English, so please forgive me if I make mistakes as I use a translator.

I recently bought an XA30.8 and an XP12. I was very happy but as time went by I began to not feel comfortable with the sound.
After doing many tests, I find that the XA30.8 sounds very very sweet but actually too much. I find it to be a loosely defined amp, somewhat muddy and lacks a lot of air and grip. The soundstage is very closed.

The XP-12 is the worst of the two. It is a previous that removes a lot of resolution and information, without transient attacks and sunken mid frequencies. Instead it brings warmth.

Has anyone of you found the same?

If you ask me, I have a Klipsch Cornwall and a dCS BArtok.

Now I want a capable amp, forceful, something warm, decisive, airy and with a great soundstage.

At first I thought of changing my XA30.8 for X250.8, and changing the XP-12 for a second-hand Audio Research Ref5. I am afraid of this change and continue with Pass, since I can go back to the same thing a bit.

On the other hand I have thought of going for a Luxman 900 combo, since it has very good reviews and from what I have read it could be the winning ticket.
opm
Thank you for your advices. D'agostino is a lot of money for me, I can't reach them. Outside the USA it is very very expensive.

Gryphon Diablo is much more accessible, especially in Europe and Soulution has a distributor nearby.

Can you elaborate on Gryphon or Soulution?
The only tube amplification that I have liked is the Jadis 120 monophonic blocks. Really brutal, an incredible push, an incredible detail recovery. But they have a problem, that they make a lot of noise while they are silent. Changing all the tubes is a lot of money.
Hi @opm
I think the Pass Labs X250.8 / AR 5SE combo might work very nicely for you. I had the exact set up. Very airy, pungent and natural sound. Not too sweet. I don’t like too sweet either. The X250.8/XP-22 was a great combo as well, but if I was to go back now, I would gravitate towards the AR 5SE.

If you are really considering a tube amp(s), the Balanced Audio Technology tube amps are fantastic!

Good luck.
30 watts is 30 watts. That being said, Pass is not the weak link. But 30 watts might be.. Just about zero in overhead.

I think with 40-80 watts A/B with 6L6 or KT88 valves you might really like it.. Because I’m a Mac guy and have heard just about every Klipsch ever made on them.. I say you picked the wrong amp.. plane and simple..

No El34, that won't work WELL, wonderful mids and highs. I use them with VERY efficient speakers, but NEVER bass duty.. KT88. 90, 120, 6L6 great bass..

It (the Pass) requires a VERY good speaker.  It would push a Tekton all over the place. Really not the other way around. A certain kind of amp will work better for the Klipsch. A MC240. a pair MC60s or MC275, would REALLY liven those speakers UP...

An A/B Pass would do it. 60-100 watts look out.. No class A, wrong kind of speaker.. Maybe 10-15 watts of A, BUT total of 60 - 100 watts at 8 - 16 ohms.

A MC240 all dolled up at 8 or 16 ohms will whip the pants off that Pass, I assure you on Just about any horn, like Klipsch or JBL.. They were made for each other... No need to reinvent the wheel.. A MC60 or 275 would match the SQ but NEVER run out of gas. SO in reality at higher volumes the Macs would outperform the 30 watter hands down.. I love Jensen Imperial too, just magic..

IF I was pushing a monitor section (no bass). That PASS, would be my go to amp, in a medium size room..
I just don’t like the price.. Though I love his products.. it's not uncommon to see 40K+ attached to PASS. No thanks.. They have NEVER EVER been that good.. LOL
YET I just sold a MC225 that I paid 1100.00 for (15 years ago) 3100.00 + Go figure.. Where will Pass be in 60 years?

Regards