Do you need a Roon Ready device to stream Roon?

I've been considering a Hegel integrated, but I want Roon before the unknown day comes they'll be Roon Ready. Can I feed USB from a Roon Nucleus to stream Roon in a Hegel, or any USB dac for that matter? Yes, I've seen the threads in Roon Labs sort of hinting at this and a rep from Roon said that you can stream Roon via USB into Hegel integrated amps.............but the language they use doesn't make me 100% confident this is true. Also, due to the condescending nature of the Hegel dealer in my area, I'd prefer to not to inquire or have them demo in their store. Thanks in advance for your help. 
ggecas2
I’m not sure I fully understand your question, but both the Roon Ready device and the Nucleus would need to be connected to ethernet on the same router (or at least the same network) to see each other.

This is not correct. Your Hegel receives the stream from the Roon Nuc through the USB interconnect. The Roon Nuc hosts the Roon Core and also serves as the streamer from your wifi router.

The cables you need are ethernet from wifi router to Roon Nuc (or you can connect by wifi) and a USB cable from the Roon Nuc to the Hegel.

To control the Roon Nuc (streamer) you download a free app to your tablet or phone which you use to browse, search, select music to play, read metadata, etc.. Your tablet or phone connects to your wifi router by wifi.

It’s really not complicated at all. If you get a Roon Nuc, just follow the setup instructions and you’ll be listening in no time.

@tomcy6 - @hudsonhawk was referring to a scenario with a router > Ethernet connected to Nucleus and a certified Roon endpoint connected via Ethernet from the router. I just lost site of the fact that Ethernet data flows bi-directionally. How a Nuc feeds data to a dac via usb wasn’t in question. I was just bringing up USB to confirm that a Roon could be operated on a non-Roon certified feed via usb from the nucleus. Anyways, sorry to consume time on such elementary concepts.