Analog Tube Audio: where is my SME 3009?

Hi Chaps,

I am having trouble with Robert Graetke, owner of Analog Tube Audio in Schiffdorf, Germany. Last January, I sent him my SME 3009 S2 and a brand new Denon DL-103R, the arm was for rebuild. He asked me to give him a little bit of time for the inspection.

A month has passed and I did not hear from Mr. Graetke again. I sent him an email, no answer. Last week I sent him another message telling him that if he could not handle his work he should not have accepted new customers and asked him to return my SME tonearm and Denon cartridge not repaired, that I'll pay shipping charges.

As of today, I have not heard a word from him. Any suggestions as to what should I do? As a matter of principle I have been thinking if taking a trip to Germany would be worth the time.

Cheers,
f456gt
@f456gt

I think you are being unreasonable given the pandemic and its implications. He already indicated that he would need some time.
I have purchased products from him and the response to emails was prompt and service was excellent.

Last week I sent him another message telling him that if he could not handle his work he should not have accepted new customers and asked him to return my SME tonearm and Denon cartridge not repaired, that I’ll pay shipping charges.

Are you unaware of the current pandemic, the delays in international freight and parcel post, the fact that some countries have lockdowns as the virus spreads, staff may not be able to travel to work.

Come on man.

Analog Tube Audio: where is my SME 3009? | Steve Hoffman ...http://forums.stevehoffman.tv › ... › Audio Hardware
11 hours ago · 1 post · ‎1 authorHi Chaps, I am having trouble with Robert Graetke, owner of Analog Tube Audio in Schiffdorf, Germany. Last January, I sent him my SME 3009 S2 and a...

If you mean ’last’ January being January 2021, I suggest you might need some more patience. January 2020 is a different story.
January 2021 ended 17 days ago

The Art of Sound forum..
Member Join Date: Jul 2017

I’m Horacio.

Analog Tube Audio [Robert Graetke], where is my SME tonearm?
Hi Chaps,

I am having trouble with Robert Graetke, owner of Analog Tube Audio in Schiffdorf, Germany. Last January, I sent him my SME 3009 S2 and a brand new Denon DL-103R, the arm was for rebuild. He asked me to give him a little bit of time for the inspection.

A month has passed and I did not hear from Mr. Graetke again. I sent him an email, no answer. Last week I sent him another message telling him that if he could not handle his work he should not have accepted new customers and asked him to return my SME tonearm and Denon cartridge not repaired, that I’ll pay shipping charges.

As of today, I have not heard a word from him. Any suggestions as to what should I do? As a matter of principle I have been thinking if taking a trip to Germany would be worth the time.

Cheers,

You live in the USA and you post on an english forum about a vendor in germany?

Have you ever considered he may be ill, he is almost certainly struggling as in case you did not notice we are having a global pandemic which has affected just about everyone on the planet in one way or another.

Suggest you be patient.

Thus far you appear to have only tried 3 audio forums with the same question. That is clearly not enough to resolve the problem.

I have checked my correspondence with Robert - all emails were responded to within 24 hours - everything in writing, verba volant, scripta manent. Are you using the correct email address - [email protected]

Failing this, my suggestion would be to track down Dr Michael Gindi, who used to write for The Absolute Sound magazine. He may well be able to help.
I called him this morning, he is fine and dandy, he had no excuses and  just sent him €50.40 via PP to return my tonearm and cartridge. I receive plenty of goods daily from Europe without problems, USPS also works  fine. It seems that, on this side of the Atlantic, we are ignorants and do not know that there is a global pandemic.

On the other hand, last year I received 11 emails from Robert Graetke before I send him my tonearm. Go figure.

Cheers,