Do you let the turntable spin when putting down record and attach the clamp.

Either turn off table between each record side,
or keep it turned on - unscrew the clamp, put record down, clamp and play record.

Thank you.
dcaudio
To bad nobody makes a DD table with an adequate suspension and vacuum clamping with a platter thick enough to keep the cartridge away from the motor

Obviously you know nothing about reference Direct Drive turntables. Some of them are suspended like Luxman PD-444, some have vacuum pump and specially designed platter like Victor TT-801 and others.

If someone really need suspended DD they could buy isonoe feet here.

Some reference superheavy direct drive have built-in springs like this. 

What DD do you have in mind when you post bad things about DD in general?

What about chain drive tables? Personally the rattling bugs me. Also, I have an ancient but simple Linn Basik/Akito and turn it off when changing records, especially since I use a Mitchell "Rega" clamp. It runs perfectly and should continue doing so well into the next couple of decades, although I do need to replace the cueing damping fluid...that's #497 on my list of things to do, and I'm only up to 12.
Whenever you que up a record with the platter spinning, with or without a clamp/weight, you increase your chance of an accident.

If one can't change records and cue the tonearm with a rotating platter, one should probably stick to seedees.

I imagine these are the same people we see driving around alone in a car wearing a face diaper.

Oz

If one can't change records and cue the tonearm with a rotating platter, one should probably stick to seedees.

I imagine these are the same people we see driving around alone in a car wearing a face
Based on your avatar and comment, one can assume that you’re a night club DJ, therefore, I bow to your experience 

Based on your avatar and comment, one can assume that you’re a night club DJ, therefore, I bow to your experience

Hmm, I detect that you might be a tad facetious.

So let me posit in this manner. Do you stop the platter, lift the arm, take off the record, put on a new record, place the stylus in the groove, then start the platter? Every time?

Because that is the way the OP suggests it is the safest. If you agree, please feel free to let us know.

And while you are at it, please expound on how you made the connection between my profession and my avatar. I'd really like to hear that too.

Oz