Low power- transparency, dimension, dynamics and bass, or...

I've built several mature and immature systems over the years. That’s part of the fun for me. I’m exploring the possibility of getting the three dimensional sound of a monitor, with the tectonic plate shifting bass of a high quality sub. Can anyone speak to an integration point of say 50-80hz where it made more sense to focus on a high quality smaller speaker (in a medium sized room) vs a "full range" (35hz) speaker? In my experience the full range speaker can have more slam but not necessarily the imaging or quality of drivers. The monitor can struggle with dynamics. This also has me considering smaller horns or dual concentric drivers, but would they be difficult to integrate with a traditional sub or two? I’ve always been a fan of class a and tubes presentation but open to ideas.
I recently had a pair of O/93’s with great dynamics and bass to 30hz but disliked the dimensionality and upper mids of that speaker. I value dimension, image, dynamic ease, transparency, warm side of neutral. Trying to keep this speaker adventure under $6-8k used. I’ve talked to a few people that have said forget low power, increase speaker budget and go for Treo’s or a set of bigger Tannoys. Speakers would be 9 feet apart could be 2’ out 2’ from corners/open floor plan to larger space.

Some ideas- would like to hear bigger Harbeths with subs
Try the Soul Supreme with subs?
Arden, or Autograph mini with dual subs never heard Tannoy
Treo- owned older Model 5, 12 years ago for a limited time- tech seems to have really improved.
Horns but feel like the integration of technologies will be a challenge.
Single driver same issue as horns right?

bjesien
bj

funny i was asking you about devores a few days ago... 

i am really happy with my latest speaker acquisition, the spatial m3 sapphires... astoundingly good in an absolute sense and also for the cost

i drive them with both high grade solid state and tube amplifiers and the sound is both transparent and tactile, and bass response is tremendous... scale of sound is also very impressive but with imaging specificity too

for your reference, other speakers i have in house are harbeth c7/shl5, proac resp d15/3.5/d30r, spendor sp1/2, vandy 3a sigs, as well as quad esl63, all with supporting rel subs as needed

feel free to pm me if you want to discuss more
Post removed 
Unless you have a very large room the best spot for bass drivers and higher frequencies will not be the same spot. If you want floor standers and great bass be prepared to put a lot of money and work into acoustics. 
You can get good soundstage depth and width and imaging with the O/93's if you have 1) a good front end, 2) good electronics, preferably tubed, 3) Auditorium 23 speaker cable (there is no substitute) and 4) move the Orangutans out into the room and use Jim Smith's grid system until you look things into place. Monitors are without a doubt easier to place for soundstaging and imaging. Good monitors will always do better on imaging, but not soundstaging. With my DeVores I get startled by sounds unexpectedly coming at me from space. It can be done. There is no free lunch. Want a seamless broad array of musicians or vocalists in front of you with life size dimension? Very few monitors will give you that. Try the Mapleshade release "Arc Choir" with monitors and then with the O/93's. 
Without a doubt, there is a slight "dark hole" combined with what I will call a furry quality in the upper midrange of the O/93's. It can be minimized with proper placement but yes, it is there and if it is deal breaker, move on. 
I completely disagree. It's a matter of acoustics and integration. If your monitor can hit 50hz 3db down, you can accomplish anything wrt imaging and soundstage. I would even say 60 but like headroom. I am probably going to roll them off with the subs anyway.