FTC may end amplifier rule! ACTION NEEDED

Sharing an important issue you all may or may not already be aware of. Gene from audioholics did a full video on this linked below. The FTC may end the amplifier rule so that companies can go back to making misleading claims on power output of their amplifiers. We should all get on the govt website and comment to try to stop this from happening!

https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=FTC-2020-0087-0001

https://youtu.be/VJMD3h-h8fk
jwl244
Right. With all the other serious issues our reps need to hear our voices about, this one is right up there with systemic racism, national infrastructure, and jobs creation
I think this is just a case of audiophiles getting what they deserve so I say remove this rule for everything over $2k and leave it for anything under. If audiophiles are going to shun measurements then let's have at it. 120V rated .. meh that's just an estimate.
@sgreg1 I hope you are right and agree there is now am online community that can hold these companies accountable for bs claims. Frankly seeing the lack of care or maybe just trolls sheds light that many audiophiles feel great about what they know but may not have much sympathy for newbies and the general consumer. 

@barts would be hilarious to see someone go into a store and basically lift test a few amps and just walk out with the heaviest one... its really not a bad place to start. 

@simao this involves the FTC and not your local reps. By all means I hope you are taking the time to speak up for any of those causes that you listed and actually care about. If this one doesn't strike your fancy you can choose not to comment at all or even comment against the cause and say the amp rule is not necessary (on the regulations.gov site I listed).
Realistically the FTC is not the organization for this. The rule is outdated and does not take into account actual audio usage, hence it could punish some and reward others.   The AES would be better publishing a suite of measurements and then the public chastising / pushing companies to test to that standard. You would end up with more realistic / real world ratings.