Does room temperature affect your sound?

I am interested in hearing if you guys and gals have experienced a sound difference in your system under different room temps. We are now in a major cold spell in Texas and I don't seem to hear my system as clearly as I usually do. It is a little more subdued. Maybe it's my cold body and ears that make a difference. Anyhow, chime in if you have experienced sound at different temps. More specifically, is there an optimum temp for a vinyl TT system? Thanks.
128x128baylinor
Electrical conductivity improves as temperature falls. Superconductors have to be frozen. As fall as sound production by speakers is concerned,  I would think altitude might cause a greater change in a speaker's characteristics than temperature as air becomes less dense and barometric pressure drops. If you go high enough you get no sound at all.
No, but humidity does.  And if you're running your heat non-stop, you're going to end up with very dry air.  Unless you have a humidifier hooked up to your HVAC.
Doing a listening session now. Kate Bush, Never for ever album, Holland original vinyl press, much better than U.S. one. Sounds as good as ever, uber clarity, space, beautiful. Room temp set at 65, comfortable enough in my heavy sweats and zero static issues due to too much dry heat. I truly believe now the fact I left my phono preamp and preamp powered on since yesterday is the difference. My Halo Parasound 23+ power amp gets turned off each time without any sound consequences as recommended by the manufacturer. But I shall not turn off my preamps anymore unless worried about lightning strikes. Letting those preamps get cold does affect the sound in my system. BTW, power is not an issue in cold heavy demand weather, measures real well in my dedicated house of stereo at 121 volts like any other time. I think this was a worthy discussion even if MC chose to ridicule it. And I do pay attention to the many things he talks about that he is familiar with. They are very instructive. Unfortunately he has a way to demean things that may not be familiar to him. Keeping an open mind is the best way to progress. Thanks to all of you audiogoners who responded.
Alan Shaw has discussed on Harbeth's forum about ambient temperature affecting test measurements. Temperature affects the stiffness of rubber surrounds in cone drivers, and also absorption quality of materials in the room (including insulation in the wall). So yes, room temperature does affect the sound.