New to streaming, looking for a budget streamer

I live in the country and up till a couple day ago my internet service was not suitable for hi-rez streaming, I use spotify to stream for new music, not for serious listening.

We now have a Frontier9472 Network modum/router installed. It affords WiFI and has 4 ethernet and 1 USB output. I am looking for a streamer that can receive signal via any of these outputs and serve Qobuz. The Bluesound Node 2i seems a likely candidate as I will use streaming for music exploration and background listening. I will play the Node into my Audio Mirror DAC. 

I have 2 questions)

1) are there other streamers available that would serve my purposes that are around the Node price point? 
2)  Would a ethernet or USB connect best the Wifi for SQ?  I know there are other threads on this, some quite lengthy describing ways to improve over ethernet. I just want to use either WiFI or a cable.

As I explore the merits of streaming I will likely upgrade my approach. 
mesch
On one system I use a simple Raspberry Pi. If you go with a zero it can be really cheap. Not sure how budget you want to go but I drive this with Volumio and am extremely pleased with this feeding either a dac hat or my stand alone. Again, this is bargain basement $ with pretty solid performance. 
 I have decided I will go with the Bluesound Node 2i and use a quality ethernet cable from the router. based on what I have gathered from this forum it is relatively user friendly, quality at a budget, simple installation, and will serve my current objectives. Should I find that streaming replaces my current listening mode (CDs) I will likely upgrade and use the Node in a secondary system. 
I thank all for the guidance. 

@arafiq Yes I have been playing around with the idea of going back to a integrated amplifier. The Blackhawk was (remains) one of interest. Not sure what I am going to do at this point. I did purchase a Line Magnetic 211ia which I am playing around with. Just missed a opportunity to purchase a Sugen A21 SS integrated I wanted to try out. If one buys right one can explore aspects of audio in one's own room/system and resale for little loss. Some risk involved however I feel it a small price for the education. It is a hobby after all. 
I use the Allo USBridge to great success. It’s an Ethernet-to-USB Bridge, works as a Roon endpoint. Pretty simple and affordable.
As an update, I intend to order the node2i. Would have been ordered by now however had an accident and am in the hospital. Expect a full recovery. Probably will order via Audio Advisor. Have ethernet cable and optical cable. Will get a C7 power cable. Thanks to everyone for the guidance. I will keep in touch.