New to streaming, looking for a budget streamer

I live in the country and up till a couple day ago my internet service was not suitable for hi-rez streaming, I use spotify to stream for new music, not for serious listening.

We now have a Frontier9472 Network modum/router installed. It affords WiFI and has 4 ethernet and 1 USB output. I am looking for a streamer that can receive signal via any of these outputs and serve Qobuz. The Bluesound Node 2i seems a likely candidate as I will use streaming for music exploration and background listening. I will play the Node into my Audio Mirror DAC. 

I have 2 questions)

1) are there other streamers available that would serve my purposes that are around the Node price point? 
2)  Would a ethernet or USB connect best the Wifi for SQ?  I know there are other threads on this, some quite lengthy describing ways to improve over ethernet. I just want to use either WiFI or a cable.

As I explore the merits of streaming I will likely upgrade my approach. 
mesch
Thanks Bob and Fuzz. Yes, I was thinking a cable connection would be best.  I could easily set my router close to my DAC such that I would not need more than a 10' cable. I believe the Node will take either ethernet or USB. Any recommendations for either cable. 

I am wanting to keep this simple. 
Hi @mesch .
Bluesound Node2i is a great starting point. I used 5gHz WIFI with zero problems. For better SQ I upgraded to ethernet CAT6, then CAT8. The cable connects the router directly into the Node2i and then there are no worries about dropouts from Wifi.

Connect to your Dac via SPDIF coax or TOSLINK. I use the BluOs app through my Android.

The Project Stream Box S2 Ultra is also worth your consideration. SQ is quite good and could be better than that of the Node from comparisons I have read.

These were several reasonably priced upgrades that I have found to result in noticeable sonic improvement.

1. Turn off Wi-Fi & HDMI connections and use an Ethernet connection set up with a Wi-Fi extender acting as an Ethernet access port - This was the most significant improvement that I heard. My notes of the improvements were:
  • More presence to instruments and voices
  • Sound was clearer and more transparent like a veil has been lifted off of the music.
  • Better pace than when streaming via WiFi.
2. Switched from an AmazonBasics Cat 6 Ethernet cable to a Supra Cat 8 Ethernet cable
3. Currently using a Phasure Lush USB cable
4. Added a Audioquest Jitterbug noise filter to the USB output.