Pivot to Spindle distance

My P2S distance is off by about 5 mm (over). But my cartridge seams to be aligned pretty good. Is there any advantage to having the P2S distance exact? Sounds spectacular with my redoing the entire setup.
Must have had a senior moment during the P2S alignment part.

VPI Aries
JMW-10 arm
VPI jig (to get it close)
WallyTractor (final alignment)
markpao
Thanks for all the valuable information. Stringreen summed it up in the fewest words-  " if it ain't right, it ain't right"
I decided even though everything else is in alignment I'm still going to redo it and get it right all around.
elliottbnewcombjr"Why aren't all overhangs the same you might ask?"

Why aren't all tonearms 23cm long why aren't all tires the same profile?
@markpao , don't bother Mark. As long as you have the right offset and overhang with the cartridge you are using you are in business. If the cantilever is parallel to both sets of lines then all of the above is true. The P2S distance is just to get you in the ballpark. You have already found your seat. Stay there. You just risk damaging something playing around.

Longer arms are not a panacea. They have a greater polar moment of inertia which causes much more distortion than any improvement in tracking error can resolve. This is why many of us prefer shorter arms and why many tonearm manufacturer's scratch their heads in response to this market demand. There are very few modern cartridges that require tonearms that heavy.