Pivot to Spindle distance

My P2S distance is off by about 5 mm (over). But my cartridge seams to be aligned pretty good. Is there any advantage to having the P2S distance exact? Sounds spectacular with my redoing the entire setup.
Must have had a senior moment during the P2S alignment part.

VPI Aries
JMW-10 arm
VPI jig (to get it close)
WallyTractor (final alignment)
markpao
@millercarbon

I like the way you put it - and phrased it. 
Who CAN argue the point(s) you make?
I ... at least can't - and I won't. 👍🥂 

Michélle 🇿🇦 
If you search my posts you will find that I have answered this question over and over. The answer is an emphatic no. If you have headshell slots and can reach the overhang spot exactly, all is fine. 
There is a certain person on this board, on this thread in fact, who again and again espouses false truths. It is annoying as can be. And I ain't talking about Millercarbon who though has his own picadellos at least knows the basics of turntable set-up and geometry. 
And while I am in a mood for ad-homynym references, Lewm knows his stuff too. I am a bit surprised by his response in this thread though. 
Look, your cartridge knows nothing of P-S. It only needs to be able to trace the proscribed arc for a given alignment and if overhang is reached, it will. For a given tonearm, P-S only affords adjustment for the largest range of cartridges with various mounting hole to stylus tip distances ASSUMING headshell slots. 

Thanks for all the valuable information. Stringreen summed it up in the fewest words-  " if it ain't right, it ain't right"
I decided even though everything else is in alignment I'm still going to redo it and get it right all around.