Super new to record players

Hello all. I’ve just been gifted a Thorens TD 190. I need a new Stylist. Does anyone have any recommendations and a place where I can get it? Does anyone know how I can adjust the lid to stay open on its own? It keeps falling down. Thank
bryanrx7
Wondering if OP might have a MC (moving coil) cartridge that he is plugging into an MM (moving magnet) input on his pre-amp/integrated/receiver?  Wouldn’t that explain the low volume?
I have a brand new NIB NOS Shure m91ed Hi-Track cartridge/stylus that would be great for that turntable. Its listed over on ebay currently. Its the only brand new one available on ebay! Pm me if interested. Alternatively, you could go with the ortofon super om10. You are able to swap out that stylus up to the om20, om30, or om40. The higher the number the better the stylus profile. I run the om10 on my Thorens td 240-2 and it sounds terrific. It came stock with the om10. Some came with the AT95e.
Goldring can easily be found in this country. I just bought an erotica lx at elusive disc for $599 to add to my many cartridges. Also, check out analogue seduction in UK. They have great prices and ship to US.
@yogiboy took the thread out of my mouth so to speak.

see what cartridge u have first.

as to the lid don’t stress - just lift it off - most people don’t use a life when laying music as they massively damage the sound due to feedback resonance. Try playing music with and without the lid. 
Get alignment sheets from vinylengine which is a superb website.

get urself a decent brush for your records - or a disco anti stat . You can use spectacle lens cleaner with cotton buds to clean ur stylus.

welcome to vinyl - it’s great fun