The Weekend

Well, just watched the half-time Super Bowl, and I am impressed and (should I say it?), surprised by The Weekend.  Perhaps it's my biases at play here, but I am shocked and happy about it.  Or as I was coached at my job, my "unconscious bias".  I loved it!
rpeluso
I bet you can drive the heck out of a horse and buggy...!
Involves animal husbandry.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein

It’s been a long time, but I think I can still get a saddle onto a reluctant horse. The first and only horse I ever dealt with (that was a inhabitant at the given space) was a totally ornery and retired western riding champion, who would test you every inch of every second.

Likened to having the keys of a 1500 hp 4wd highly explosive and leaking fuel ...rocket car... designed for any and all terrain, throwing said keys at a 12 year old, and telling them to go and get a pack of smokes at the store which is 200 miles away.

Like that is going to turn out well.

That was my first encounter with a horse...

In the end, though... such extreme behavior is something I like to see. It says F-U to idea of control, training, and confinement... for self willed critters such as what is required for a horse to be a western riding champ. Even though it might have seemed to be, at the time... as if the horse was actively trying to kill me.... I was thinking ’good for you.. no one should put up with this crap.’...
I turned off that God awful music that was the half time show.  Sad state of affairs as to what music has become. 
stereo5
I turned off that God awful music that was the half time show. Sad state of affairs as to what music has become.
That’s certainly understandable. I stayed with the show,
just hoping that it might eventually lead me to a pleasant surprise. But it didn’t.

There’s still lots of great music out there, @stereo5 . Obviously it’s not at the Superbowl, usually. But credit where credit is due: Whitney Houston’s rendition of the Star Spangled Banner may never be bettered. That was 30 years ago, though.
Springsteen mighta said it better, though:

"You end up like a dog that's been beat too much,
Until you spend half your life just covering up"
Post removed