The Weekend

Well, just watched the half-time Super Bowl, and I am impressed and (should I say it?), surprised by The Weekend.  Perhaps it's my biases at play here, but I am shocked and happy about it.  Or as I was coached at my job, my "unconscious bias".  I loved it!
rpeluso
millercarbon
So basically what happens is, there’s a whole slew of thoroughly unsavory time-wasters here who really should be somewhere else ... No one should ever come here only to read some schmoe exclaim how happy he is to be coached about his "unconscious bias". Or any other Marxist drivel ... Every once in a while this pushes one over the edge into an area where they can be banned from the site. A slow, arduous process to be sure but watch your email, I have a feeling you are about to see it in action.
So did you see the halftime show, MC? I thought they worked too hard to make it impressive, and that just made it even more of a letdown.
I bet you can drive the heck out of a horse and buggy...!
Involves animal husbandry.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein

It’s been a long time, but I think I can still get a saddle onto a reluctant horse. The first and only horse I ever dealt with (that was a inhabitant at the given space) was a totally ornery and retired western riding champion, who would test you every inch of every second.

Likened to having the keys of a 1500 hp 4wd highly explosive and leaking fuel ...rocket car... designed for any and all terrain, throwing said keys at a 12 year old, and telling them to go and get a pack of smokes at the store which is 200 miles away.

Like that is going to turn out well.

That was my first encounter with a horse...

In the end, though... such extreme behavior is something I like to see. It says F-U to idea of control, training, and confinement... for self willed critters such as what is required for a horse to be a western riding champ. Even though it might have seemed to be, at the time... as if the horse was actively trying to kill me.... I was thinking ’good for you.. no one should put up with this crap.’...
I turned off that God awful music that was the half time show.  Sad state of affairs as to what music has become. 
stereo5
I turned off that God awful music that was the half time show. Sad state of affairs as to what music has become.
That’s certainly understandable. I stayed with the show,
just hoping that it might eventually lead me to a pleasant surprise. But it didn’t.

There’s still lots of great music out there, @stereo5 . Obviously it’s not at the Superbowl, usually. But credit where credit is due: Whitney Houston’s rendition of the Star Spangled Banner may never be bettered. That was 30 years ago, though.