Super new to record players

Hello all. I’ve just been gifted a Thorens TD 190. I need a new Stylist. Does anyone have any recommendations and a place where I can get it? Does anyone know how I can adjust the lid to stay open on its own? It keeps falling down. Thank
bryanrx7
Stylist? I'm partial to Gene Juarez. Sorry. Shouldn't beat up on the new guy. You can buy more Stylast on Music Direct. Sorry, sorry! Couldn't resist! 

The stylus is the teeny tiny little point at the end of a little straight thing called the cantilever, which goes inside the big thing you are probably talking about which is called the phono cartridge. I have to say probably because cartridges are all different and some of them you can easily remove and replace the stylus/cantilever assembly. Slides right out. 

Seriously, unless there is something seriously wrong then I would concentrate on getting the table set up and running and see how it sounds. Get yourself some Stylast (or whatever, just get something to clean the stylus and get into the habit of doing this after every side) and a record brush, or even better Walker Enzyme cleaning solutions, but whatever, point is get set up with all the little accessories and habits first. Otherwise you get a new cartridge, start dragging it across a bunch of dirty records, table not set up very well, waste of money.

Also if you are super new, do you have a phono stage? Records are different in that they need a special input. Look for a Phono input on the back of your amp. Without this you will need to buy a phono stage.

One more reason I say wait and learn before running out and buying a cartridge. This stuff ain't hard, but it is a lot different than hooking up a CD player. That's the bad news. The good news is when you do learn how to do it there is a whole lot of performance lurking in those records and you can bring a lot of it out for free just by doing things right.

The lid is almost certainly a worn/broken spring inside the hinge. Usually have to hunt around for a replacement hinge. 
Thanks for the input. I’ve got it set up pretty well or at least from what I’ve read up on. I have a Phono port on my amp which is where I’ve got it hooked up to. The reason I need a new tip is because my son smacked it when I was setting it up and broke it. It’s moved out of his reach now. I was able to reattach it but it’s probably the reason why the volume is low. I appreciate the reply’s including the abuse haha. 
Do you guys have any Suggestions on what I should get or what I should stay away from as far as a stylus I see that there’s Cartridges and stylus