Critical subwoofer tip

I assume that everyone already knows the importance of phase matching a sub to the main speakers but it’s a little more complicated than simple 90 degrees or 180. The B&W sub that I have has four choices. In every case there has been a definite correct position that can be non standard. My current setup shined at 270 degrees vs the std positions. It’s completely obvious and the other choices would not have been satisfying. 
From my lengthy experience I would want a subwoofer with several phase choices. I personally don’t see how one could seamlessly integrate the mains and the sub without this flexibility. No one asked but i thought this info might be useful to anyone purchasing a subwoofer. YMMV
@larry5729, you really should start with level matching your speakers to your subs instead of just turning down the volume where you can barely hear your subs. At least this will give you a much better starting point for where the volume should be. You've spent all this money on subs, and you don't really know if you have them set up correctly. It's a simple process, and you only need a SPL meter and sine wave signal (free on internet).
Ugh, again...stop complicating things, and ditch any and all subs and buy speakers that do bass....subs belong in HT, and that is where they will stay in "my world". Its 2 channel audio, not 2.1.....
I have an advantage in that b&w’s simple set up software allows you to perform all parameters from your listening position. via laptop you can set phase, crossover and gain very quickly by ear. once dialed in it sounds like the main speakers have great bass as you truly can’t locate the sub’s position. without the laptop set up i’ve had as much trouble as everyone else. 

"However, at times some can respond rudely. I think if they avoided the put downs it would allow people like myself to know how to ask the right questions without being criticized."

You would have better odds at getting Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell, Trump, and AOC to choose between water or Ice Tea for a lunch meeting....

@newtoncr - you are correct, measurements should be from listening position, thanks for mentioning this. Also, I should have mentioned, the subs and main speakers should be level matched first.

@audioguy85 - I get it, there's some guy's that don't think subs belong in an audio system. I can respect that. However, adding subs isn't just about hearing sub bass, with multiple subs, and careful setup, you can get a much better distributed frequency response in the bass region without using an equalizer, or DSP.