RME ADI-2 direct to amp

Hello all,

I am heavily considering one of these units as the reviews are great and I love the eq options. Anyone compared using the RME direct to amplifier vs via preamp to amp? In theory this should work out well but I tried this years ago with a Wyred4Sound unit and was not pleased with the outcome. Sounded hard and metallic. 
mofojo
@luisma31,
I do not have the Pro Model. I am using an XLR splitter cable to the 4 channel amp, then using the RCA outputs to a sub. 

Really loving the EQ ! I have a small bump at 120 and 500 for a little punch increase. I hear no negative effects from this. While not exactly cheap I believe the combo of functionality and sound quality make it tough to beat. When I finally go back in the office I may take it in for headphone listening.  
So some of this RME manual is over my head! The amp I just started using does not have a gain control. At normal daytime listening levels I am at around -50 on the digital volume control of the RME direct to amp. Am I losing bits like this? I thought I read somewhere you can change the max output voltage of the RME to compensate for higher power amps. I can't find this in the manual? Anyone know if this is true or I just made it up? It also has relays click off and on in the RME for certain volume ranges. Is this used to not lose bits?
Hi

Go into the line out menu in section 19.1.   The menu's hierarchy is described in detail in sec 12.     Specifically  Line Output Reference level.   If you set it to " - 5 dB " this should help to get the volume above -30.  

Also try Auto Reference Level.   That setting uses relays to change the out put in the analog domain, using less " digital" volume.   You can hear the relays click as you go up and down the volume scale when engaged 

That setting may work better, try both...

A little advise, recommendation to improve LPS  further , put a decent power cord 

not too expensive like the Pangea sig , very easy to hear the improvements .

for sure upgrade the DC cable for stock , and upgrade the fuse is you choose .

i have done this on 2 LPS ,one a Teddy pardo I just received l and a Mojo audio .

audioman58

Totally agree. I use a WyWires Silver Juice II Digital Series PC and a Synergistic Orange Fuse with great results. Made a nice difference, giving more openness and warmth, taking out the edge… what little edge there was.