Gave up my SET----looking for moderate to higher power replacement options

I recently sold my JAS Array 2.1, which is a SET using 805 and 300B producing 45w.  With NOS RCA 805 and Sophia Princess 300B's, this amp produced the best sound I've ever had.  I used it to drive the satellite section of a pair of DIY/Legacy Focus clones using Eton drivers.  I've ran several different solid state amps on the bass drivers.  The inner detail and palpability of images were fantastic.  Images were life-sized and, frequently, sounded as if the musicians were in the room with me (not much of an exaggeration--honestly!)  And despite the modest power rating, this amp had startling dynamics.  It was an exciting and very engaging listen but.....well, aside from the amp breaking down on a few occasions, the cost of tubes and the extreme heat the amp put out,  the amp did run out of power when I pushed it too hard.  

I've tried several other amps during my time with the JAS, typically as warm weather substitutes, and a few more since I sold it but I really am mostly disappointed.  Presently I have an Audiozone Amp1 running the satellite section and a Jaton AV5140 on the woofers.  I was biamping with the Jaton but wanted a bit more detail and transparency.  The Audiozone is better than the Jaton in this regard but still falls rather short of the standard set by the JAS  and also runs out of power occasionally and sounds just awful when it clips.  I have an Audio Alchemy DPA 1 and had the Wyred4Sound ST-500 when it first came out and neither are what I'm looking for in my main system.  The AA amp is better but still a far cry from the sonics of the SET JAS.  Do any of the Class D amps truly approach SET sonics?    I'm considering the Gamut D200 mk iii as well though these are hard to find.   Are there any Class D amps I should look in to?  I really need to keep it at $3000 or less and probably around $2000.  Please make recommendations based on actual experience, that is only on amps you've actually heard.  Thanks!
lcherepkai
A used Lyngdorf 2170 is available for less than 3K USD? That could quite possibly be the way to go. Definitely worth serious consideration at the price point. Excellent recommendation from Bill (brownsfan).
Charles
I tried the Legacy PowerBloc class D amp with my SE’s because I just had to know. I found it really did a great job controlling the bass but the mids and highs just lacked the nuance that my class A/B SS amp offers. That was the basis for my suggestion. I have been interested in moving to an integrated (hence my search for a tube integrated) and I’m not sure one exists either tube or  SS that can match separates. I had a Plinius SA-103 which is 220w into 4 ohms class A and felt it lacked power. I moved up to the Plinius SB-301MKII which is 380w class A/B and the sound improvement was very noticeable. The SE’s seemingly love power. I’m not talking about overall volume but just the grip on the bass and the overall coherence of the sound. At least in my system.
If a Pass Xa25 is in your realm you absolutely should audition one. Fantastic little amp. Not sure sure where it was ever called “colored”. Not. Pure class A awesome.
purest sounding lowish power ss amps i have heard in my system are jun kimura san’s 47 labs gaincard and related peter daniel audiosector patek se (which i have still kept) ... not sure they will do their magic in your specific application

but you definitely trading something away when you leave SET amplification
jjss49--The Audiozone Amp1 is (if I understand it correctly) also a Peter Daniel's creation and is pretty much the same amp with dual front mount volume pots and it is really quite nice.  I keep the pots fully open and use the volume on my DAC.  I run into volume limitations occasionally and that's mostly the reason I seek something else.  It falls short of the JAS Array in some regards but I could live with it sonically.  

lalitk--these DIY/Legacy Focus clones are quite sensitive.  When going from the Von Schweikert VR 4 Gen II to these, I was shocked at how much louder these were than the VR 4's with the volume set at its customary setting.  And I'm thinking replacing these would be a huge P.I.T.A .  Getting something as good would be expensive and selling these....oh, easier to keep them!

geof3---i asked about the Pass xa25 vs the Gamut D100/200 recently as was told the Gamuts were quite a bit more transparent and the Pass were a warmer and smoother sounding amp.  No criticism here, I would just prefer the greater transparency.  I'm happy to use cables to adjust the sound as necessary

charles1dad---you're always a gentleman on these forums and offer good advice as well which probably puts you in the minority but I certainly appreciate that.  

brownsfan----still spinning aluminum exclusively so digital it is!  I'll look into the Lyngdorf.   Love it when I get concrete options.  Thanks