What's The Furthest/Longest You Have/Will Travel To Audition?

I have few options for auditioning a decent variety of equipment (speakers and amps), in my neck of the woods.

I'm considering the rationality of flying to another state to visit a large reseller of brands I would consider
purchasing together.  Otherwise, I would have to purchase components individually without being heard together - could be an expensive mistake.

So, how far would you go (driving or flying), assuming the travel cost wasn't prohibitive?
bgm1911
From SE Michigan to Columbus Ohio(2001) to hear Spectral Audio gear. The Compact DMA-100s amp has to be one of the best sounding Spectral amps made. IMO it out classed the 360 mono amps, I had the funds and green light from my wife but the matching preamp was another 4-5k? which I would have to put on hold, so I decided to pass on purchasing that great amp. Notice you never see any on the used market..
oldhymac,

Funny you should describe being ignored.  In the 1978-1981 period I sold audio on straight commission at Shrader Sound in the Georgetown neighborhood in DC.  One afternoon a guy came into the store that looked like he was homeless, hadn't shaved or showered in a long time.  All the other salesmen on the floor said that I'd help him out.  It was a slow day, so "what the heck" I thought.  Long-story-short, he was a neurosurgeon and was on duty so long, hence his appearance.  I sold him over $38k of equipment, in 1979 dollars!
Hell, i live in Arizona and flew to NY and New Jersey and Dallas and drove to  Los Angeles and San Diego to listen to equipment.  It was fun.  
Post removed