When is digital going to get the soul of music?

I have to ask this(actually, I thought I mentioned this in another thread.). It's been at least 25 years of digital. The equivalent in vinyl is 1975. I am currently listening to a pre-1975 album. It conveys the soul of music. Although digital may be more detailed, and even gives more detail than analog does(in a way), when will it convey the soul of music. This has escaped digital, as far as I can tell.
mmakshak
Post removed 
Tvad, I want to apologize to you. I believe my last post short-shifted you. You have very interesting things to say. It's just, with me, sometimes, it triggers an inappropriate response. I would guess that you are a Scorpio, but I've lately struck-out in that area. I actually had retired Oritek X-1's, in favor or Elf Audio's ccc interconnects, and told Ori about that. Yes, I consider him a friend. He emailed me and said if you want your PRAT, here it is. He meant the X-2's. Yes, I'm a shrill for the masses that want, or need, music in the home. If you look at my moniker on Audio Circles, you would understand where I'm coming from. I'm not saying that it is superior, since I haven't heard the best. I hope to hear close to the best soon. I just have an obligation to say the truth, in terms of what's affordable to the average guy. I stand by what I said.
Post removed 
01-03-06: Mmakshak
The thing is, Wc65mustang, is that there have been so many advances in cable-just in the last 4-5 years, that I can assure you that the Oritek X-2 will outperform almost all of the top-ten interconnects of all time
Just over a week ago, you were touting the X-2 as one of the top ten IC's of all time, and now you claim not to have heard the best. Furthermore, today's post would have us believe that you have not even heard the X-2's at all:
Yes, I consider him a friend. He emailed me and said if you want your PRAT, here it is. He meant the X-2's.
Finally, this thread in which you disparage digital playback turns out to be primarily due to the sound of car stereos? And CD players from 1988 and earlier? As I said before, this discussion is over. You make-a no sense, and the horoscope comment is only deepening my confusion.

Aries

Digital has an edge that has not been overcome yet. It's hard to explain, but as much as SACD and DVD-A have improved on resolution, that digital edge is still there. When I put an LP on, it's a whole nother world.

For those that enjoy digital and don't hear this, then you get to listen the more convenient media and enjoy it without all of the little inconveniences. I still enjoy digital (redbook and SACD), but analog has a transparency and lushness that I haven't heard with digital.