Rogue Cronus Magnum Dies Help

I was listening to my Rogue Cronus Magnum this afternoon This unit had cap and resistor upgrades done at Rogue by the original owner a couple of years ago., Today suddenly the remote stopped working I changed batteries which were fine I also tried to program a LT 350 but that did not work either I called Rogue but they had no idea. 20 minutes later the volume control started working via remote.

I went for 20 minute walk with the dog. Upon arrival home I found the amp the amp dark No tubes lit , no blue light on. I tried the power button on and off Nothing Unplugged it waited then plugged it in Nothing I checked the power supply fuse and it is fine I checked another large fuse inside. it is fine as are the 4 small ones. Push the power button It does nothing Took it in the kitchen Same thing Dead as a whatever. What happened here?? The main transformer go out??? Thanks  

128x128geph0007
 You are correct bacobits.  Update  It is is on the way.  Proving my point that costs could quickly  get out of hand  Just to ship it one way even with my account  is $83 (normally $93)  It will be slightly less then that coming back say $75  Bench check $175 plus parts for a simply repair anything major and up it goes. Point being for a simply repair (if I am lucky)  minimum of  $350 of which over half is shipping back and forth. Hence the reason I wanted to try and figure it out.  Well at least the experts have it now
so you spend the $350 or so to get it fixed.....but if you like the unit and it hasnt given you any trouble since you have had it, its worth spending the money to get it fixed.

nobody likes when equipment goes down, but its all part of it....and its no different than spending money on our vehicle and we have to take it to the dealership...but we dont complain about that....its part of owning a vehicle.

the unit will be like brand new when it returns.....
Kind of like a dog with a bone?  What is your deal??  Let it go.

I do not take a car to the dealer  I change my own oil. If a bearing goes bad I fix it. If the vacuum cleaner cord needs replacing I do it. If a outlet  is bad I fix it.  If a speaker terminal is bad I replace it  If a tonearm needs rewiring I do it.  (Not good on the eyes for blind guy)   Point being if I can do it I try to.  Sending something and wasting $160 in shipping is a last resort  ONLY if  I cannot do it or have it done locally.  Why is that such a hard concept to understand?? 

Here is very realistic scenario  and I am almost betting on this kind of thing  They get  10 minutes into the bench check  find out it is a bad cap or something like that   A $5 to $10 part  They remove it and install the new one .  I have done this and it takes maybe 15 minutes  Cost including shipping  Around $360OR
I figure it out or someone says ya that happened to me Here is what I found  $10 cap and 20 minutes of my time DONE
AGAIN why is making an attempt to avoid the hassle and cost of sending it across the country and paying someone 3 digit bench fee  so hard for you to understand?  LET IT GO
It is in their hands now.
Kind of like a dog with a bone? What is your deal?? Let it go.

all I was simply saying that if it only costs you a small amount of money and you like this unit, then its worth it.
it might just be a $5-10 part that went bad and it will take the tech a few minutes to diagnosis it...but what you can you do ?     .         
  if you are going to sit here and complain about how much something costs to ship or the cost of a  $5-10 part that went bad , but they charge you some crazy amount for diagnosis / parts and labor....then maybe you need to find a different hobby.       and that is all you have done is complain on how much its going to cost.   deal with it and move on.

do you think that you are the only member here that has had to deal with something like this ?             

have a nice day .
The winner is...rodman9999   Bridge rectifier was out  Total cost $330Now I just wonder how this unit would compare to a Marantz PM 14s1?