What exactly is textural density??

I’m sorry, I am new to the high end audio world. I read this sentence and could not understand any of it. Can you help?

This enhanced textural density seemed good because when I’ve experienced it before, it indicated that the transducer was tracking the signal like a race car with fresh, sticky tires.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/gramophone-dreams-45-ta-solitaire-p-headphones-ha-200-dac-headph...

erik_squires
Good analogy @twoleftears. Art Dudley was fond of this kind of phrase as well, and both he and Herb used it in their reviews in Art's 90's mag, Listener. I've always taken textural density to mean a full-bodied sound, akin to color saturation in photography.
How can that be so hard to understand
Only 13 paragraphs of explanation - followed by a sales pitch, smooth....

Everything’s a sales pitch. Even our bladder’s push to get us to the washroom is a sales pitch.. A pretty darned convincing one, too.

Eg, that one could be filed under spleen venting, with a side order of sales pitch.
Reviews are there to sell...

It is a bit easy to mock "metaphor" about product...

I will not go there, i dont push doors that are already opened... 😁

But speakin of" textural density" CAN and COULD make sense... It is not necessarily a metaphor for selling a product but a way to convey a complex acoustical and musical concept in 2 simple words:

See points 2 and 3 and 4 in particular in this 5 characteristics of " timbre" from wiki :

1. Range between tonal and noiselike character
  2. Spectral envelope
  3. Time envelope in terms of rise, duration, and decay (ADSR, which stands for "attack, decay, sustain, release")
  4. Changes both of spectral envelope (formant-glide) and fundamental frequency (micro-intonation)
  5. Prefix, or onset of a sound, quite dissimilar to the ensuing lasting vibration

Figure it by yourself if the reviewer is genuine or not , pro or not, i dont know....I just wanted to defend his choice of words.... Nothing else.....By the way the mathematical modeling of these 5 factors are a precise mathematical acoustic problem, about with i have a book of 700 hundred pages....

Then sometimes using 2 words is more than poetry....But sometimes it is a sales pitch.... Decide yourself....