Technics SL-1210GAE Anniversary

Hi ; Do any of you knowledgeable  guys can tell me if the new SL 1210GAE anniversary edition  have performance upgrades over previous models, or it is just a marketing strategy ?   How it compares with a similar priced belt drive TT? .
vinylnostalgic
Hello gang - I have the SL-1210GAE on the way and being delivered tomorrow via UPS. Super stoked to check it out. I owned the SL-1200G prior and freakin' LOVED. I currently have a HANA ML MC cartridge, a Bob's Device SKY 20 SUT, and an Aric Audio Transcend MM Phono Stage.
In the January 2021 issue of Stereophile, Herb Reichert has an excellent article entitled "Some truly affordable phono cartridges."  It starts with the Audio Technica AT-VM95E.  $49.00.  It concludes with the observation "that the difference between a $100 cartridge and a $10,000 cartridge are not nearly as big as I previously imagined."  He spends a lot of time talking about the importance of the turntable and arm and proper setup.  As the owner of a GAE, I can tell you that your new turntable is excellent.  Set it up carefully and it will reward you.  It is a dream to set it up too.  Don't worry about trying to find "the best cartridge" for it, there is no such thing anyway.

Bill
Chakster, Have you heard the Nagaoka JT1210? If so, what were its shortcomings compared to the cartridges you commonly recommend?  
@lewm 
Chakster is Rauls alter ego - whilst Raul has heard everything, and doesn't know what it sounds like, Chakster knows what everything sounds like, without having heard it.

I get sick and tired of his ludicrous recommendations for obsolete cartridges, which if you can even find one, chances are it will be mechanically suspect or unreliable due to age.

I have several vintage cartridges purchased new, when they were in production, with very few hours on them - they have deteriorated - I can hear it clearly. The only vintage cartridges I use are where the cartridge has been completely rebuilt including generator.

If anyone values their records, buy a new cartridge from current production offerings.

Hi, @dover would you care to please comment on the following

If anyone values their records, 

I thought that suspension problems on NOS carts would compromise the sound but not the record
Thanks