When is digital going to get the soul of music?

I have to ask this(actually, I thought I mentioned this in another thread.). It's been at least 25 years of digital. The equivalent in vinyl is 1975. I am currently listening to a pre-1975 album. It conveys the soul of music. Although digital may be more detailed, and even gives more detail than analog does(in a way), when will it convey the soul of music. This has escaped digital, as far as I can tell.
mmakshak
You might listen to smoe "non" oversampling. filterless digital like Audio Note or 47 Labs to see if there is "soul" there. I'm not suggesting that it is identical t analog, but there is a certain flow and tone that is VERY close.
I agree with Johnnyturbo.
I have some LP's I love on my modest rig, and some CD's and SACD's that are equally as satisfying on my setup.
It is all good these days. :)
You might have better results by asking a therapy professional.

Actually I am a licensed therapy professional for 20+ years.
Tvad- you are correct. The manner in which the question is posed indicates one who is probably not really seeking insight, but rather confirmation of an already held view.
That is fine as long as one is not dogmatic that their view of the world is the absolute and correct one.

Analog/Digital - it is all good these days for the end user.
We are lucky as audiophiles.
good question... it is "getting there" for the most part...however, there are several limiting factors-

-dvd/a & sacd didnt make it as format....so digital is crippled in regards to recording(ie we are pretty much stuck with redbook)

-great digital=$$$$ money (system synergy is important)
(i have heard a couple pieces that are musical for digital playback- the tube technology cd player & the electrocompinet gear)

it is a lot better than it was 5 years ago.

it will be interesting to see what happens to the digital format over the next couple years..
Mmakshak.... would have to agree with you on apogee's setup with big krell/classe amps.... there is a very vivid audio session that i remember to this day..

we were listening to apogees duetta sigs, big classe mono's blocks & top end classe preamp, vpi tnt turntable (listening to def lepard photograph). volume was all way (i was much younger)and the intital kickdrum was a giant billow of air...it was absolutly incredible (bitchen.....okay i said it...)

uhmmm sorry to get off track..