Grounding with a Earth box?

OK so help be understand something.   I understand the value of grounding equipment, but what is the value of having a woodbox with salt, earth, minerals etc  do for grounding?  How is supposed to work or be better?

brubin
I require Hallographs (pair behind speakers and pair at rear of room) despite my high end custom listening room. My speakers are not SOTA or close to it (Legacy Focus) and require help in focusing imaging, soundstaging and frequency eveness. The Hallographs tune the acoustics making these speakers adequate for my use without purchasing big bucks speakers I’m looking at ($35K to $60K). My future speakers may not require Hallographs and probably won’t need speakers' SR HFTs either (the speakers I’m entertaining have multiple bass and treble controls built-in). I haven’t tried grounding boxes. It won’t hurt to try.

@millercarbon Nice explanation of RFI and grounding conditions affecting equipment/cabling.
The CAD grounding box range is considered the best in class by many in the industry. Stereophile gave it a 2020 award after a couple of their staff found great results, including the often hard-to-please Michael Fremer:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/stereophiles-products-2020-accessory-year

Scott Berry, the electronic engineer who designed it, gives a 10 page explanation of the way it works here:
http://www.computeraudiodesign.com/CAD_Ground_Control.pdf

I would urge people to try these CAD ground control units. The differences are very evident. I had a home demo and ended up buying two the effects were that good. 
The grounding rod to you electric service is for lightening strikes, it has nothing to do with grounding your components. 
is for lightening strikes.

ANY over current from outside your home, actually.. Transformer goes nuts..because someone hit the pole.. la te da SURGE.. :-)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

methods of Earthing
  1. Plate Earthing. A 2.5 metre deep pit is dug into the ground and a Galvanised Iron (GI) plate is placed inside along with charcoal and sand for the purpose of maintain low resistance around the plate. ...
  2. pipe Earthing. ... (not code here)
  3. Rod earthing. ... (code here 8 ft rod 5/8 copper and tinned is good)
  4. Earthing through a Water Pipe. ( not code here)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Still wondering about the magnets.. and being able to slide them like a tuning fork on a Speaker IC..

For earthing ground enhancement, interesting "charcoal", and sand.

I wonder if Jersey green sand, (high in potassium and certain minerals) TMI, Trace mineral Inc. For the Earth box HERE.. Charcoal?

Regards.