My system is ... well, not ready

Hi Everyone,

A lot of you have been asking me to look at my system, and it’s been an absolute mess in this apartment. However!! I am moving, and I have posted the new living/listening room up in the Systems part of Audiogon. I’m 3 weeks from occupying that space, so please be patient as it will take a while to clutter it up with electronics. :)

Right now the plan is to put the TV in the bay window. It only looks at the neighbors, so I don’t mind giving it up, flanked by GIK acoustics soffit traps and standalone panels, as well as adding curtains in all the windows and doors and ceiling mounted panels.

The room is about 13' by 17' and I'll be taking lots of measurements as I go along. :)

Best,

E
erik_squires
Well people, I have arrived, and my dreams of ordering all that fancy room treatment are on hold for right now.

There was a mixup between the movers and the floor refinishers, so I can't really unpack the living room until that is done. The house went from 3 toilets to 1/2 over night, the porch steps need to be rebuilt, gutters installed, sump hose must be attached, and a car must be procured. 
The closest thing I have right now to working hifi gear is my television.
@erik_squires 

Very sorry to hear of your house catastrophe. Hope you are able to get that squared away pronto. Regards
I wouldn't quite call it a catastrophe!

I'm quite fortunate in many regards here.  It just has a number of issues which need to be prioritized, and with this being a very wet state, I need to take care of everything related to water infiltration ASAP.

I still got a good enough bargain in this house that this is all worthwhile.  Fortunately I know a little bit about electricity and screws to do some of it on my own. 
BTW, I have updated my virtual system to include the latest recommendations from GIK.