What is an easy way to convert wav files to Flac?

I know this topic has been covered, but was wondering if there is an updated, and easy to use process. I had an old Qsonix server, on which I stored most of my music as wav files, due to the improved playback quality. I transferred files to my NAS, before my Qsonix drive died.
I am now using Roon, and it has not recognized, or imported my wav files from NAS to new streamer/server...all the Flac files and DSD files came over fine.
I do not possess strong computer skills; can someone suggest a relatively straightforward process to allow me to access my Wav files on NAs, in import to Innuos server as Flac, for playback via Roon? Is it possible to restore meta data, to recognize artist and track name, or organize the various tracks of an album onto an album?
Thanks
mribob
Related question - I originally copied CDs to WAV files in iTunes and want to migrate the files to Roon Nucleus (I bought an SSD drive). Should I convert to Flac or just copy WATV files? Worried the track and meta data will be goofy with the WATV files.
Let me ask a basic question:
If I am able to convert my wav. files, to Flac, will there be associated meta deta, to allow me to organize files into tracks and albums associated with the original CD? If not, then no real point to go thru the conversion process. My wav. files on NAS have no meta data, just stored as digital encoded files in random order.
Thanks
Hi, mribob,
For music file conversions I use dBpoweramp, which has some useful metadata editing tools. Plus it’s a great CD ripper. It’s not free but it works really well and is highly regarded by a lot of audiophiles.

I’m not sure how or why you ended up with music files without any metadata. Are you sure the files don’t have some information? Track title and track number at a minimum? However it happened it was probably a big mistake but I did find an application that might work to reestablish the missing metadata: MusicBrainz Picard which states that it "uses AcoustID audio fingerprints, allowing files to be identified by the actual music, even if they have no metadata." I didn’t bother downloading it and trying it out so cannot say if it’ll work well for you.

I also use Mp3tag, which has some powerful batch editing features and can add metadata for missing information. But I haven’t used that feature yet.

As for FLAC files not being a reliable music file format, that’s not what thousands and thousands of serious audiophiles would say. You can argue about relatively meaningless technical details but FLAC is one of the most popular uncompressed file formats for a good reason.

Good luck!
Tom
Hi!

I am a bit late to this discussion but I've been in a very similar spot to you.  As the previous poster stated, you can use dbpoweramp for the conversion and it will do a great job and then once you've converted them you'll have to add the metadata via MP3tag (name is missing leading, it does .flac) ... it's a bit tedious but super easy to do.  If you have any questions, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out.
     One question - what happened to the guts of your Qsonix?  I'm a Qsonix user myself and I am always on the hunt for extra units - working or not.  If you've still got it, I'd be very interested in chatting about what it'd take to remove the carcass from you.
      Let me know if you have any questions about converting!

- Seth
spedracr15 AT gmail.com
EAC is free and can rip CDs to WAV, FLAC, AND AIF (and others).  It can also be used to analyze and edit WAV files. It is simple to use and can convert WAV files to FLAC or AIF (my preference as you avoid on the fly decompression). It can also add meta data to ripped files.

I usually use MP3TAG to add album covers or bring over other tagging data for converted WAV files in FLAC or AIF format.