Is being an audiophile a disease?

I’m new to this audio world. I bumped into this video and it explains a lot.

https://youtu.be/fcwpOXfuHUw

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xraysmtb1
Not an actual disease, but definitely falls under the realm of ADDICTION!!!  Coming from someone who own 25+ pairs of speakers and countless pieces of electronics.  Just sayin'   www.iceageaudio.com
Being an audiophile and listening Pachelbel in ectasy after treating 2 of my corners ceiling with aluminum paper and cardboard is not a disease... It is ears working creative imagination....Yes ears have an imagination of their own.... 😉😎😌

Because trust me speakers hate to live with 4 empty corners......

On the other hand judging other’s habit is perhaps in some case a disease ....

My addiction is music for the soul, my hobby is working to increase the sound wave perception at no cost....

I dont buy or collect gear tough....
Yes 👍 It’s only a disease If your broke or poor like I am right now .. and or if you have a lot of money too ... I’ve been stuck with the same system for 8 years now , still enjoy to .
no matter what your situation is audiophile keeps wanting more ..
weather it’s budget or high end stuff .
my speakers are about as low end as you will find on this site .
Ive got 9-11 entry level speakers , and 6-8 pairs of mini shelf system speakers those are the bottom of the dirt still got them tho in case I need a backup . 3 pairs of satellites not sure one set fully works yet , or if my old amp is blown .
Churning equipment in an attempt to find the Holy Grail is an addiction that I don't have. Vinyl records on the other hand ... 
Churning equipment in an attempt to find the Holy Grail is an addiction that I don't have.
By the way your audio system and room are great oregonpapa.....

I am very curious with the device in wood behind your speakers....Can you speak what is the effect you feel with it?