Speaker cable length

Hey y'all,

I'm thinking about changing the setup of my rig so the equipment rack is off to the side and nothing is between the speakers. However, that's going to entail a much longer set of speaker cables. Is there anything about speaker cable length I should be aware of? And and am I right in assuming that I need to keep both pairs of cables equal length?
128x128simao
Very nice integrated, and speakers.

Yea, to start, I would go with the shortest/longest best speaker wires you can, and start there. You definitely don’t want multiple long length IC’s from your front end stuff.
@bkeske interestingly, everything i’ve heard says the complete opposite - that the IC’s should be kept as short as possible while speaker cables - which carry a very weak signal, can be much longer.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

NO OP the speaker cable need to be short, not the line level, no one here is giving you bad advise.. The heavy load is the Speaker cable, and the power cord for the power amp, not the line level amp feed.. You literally got your wires crossed. But 4 foot cable off a stereo isn't gonna happen either.. 2 or 3 meter will work though..
I use 2, 3 and 4 meter cables. not in the same room.. Great cables though, are gonna be the same length..
This is not a surround system...

Do what you will, but running longer speaker IC will degrade speaker performance. The question is, will you hear it? I can tell the difference in a 1 meter and a 3 meter of the same construct.. I have used .5 meters and gone to 1 meter and gotten better results on SS amps.. Same construct. There is TOO short.. in some cases.

Zip cord who cares double the run for each one (20 x 2) and (8 x 2) used #12 save your money..

Regards
@oldhvymech. Interesting. I thought that signal amplitude is much lower across speaker wires than across interconnects. and thus you would get less of an LRC loss. But hey, as you say, maybe I've been wrong all this time. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened. 
12g zip cord works fine and different lengths do not matter. These guys can spend a ton of your money for little to no, mostly no, gain. I run bigger wire than really needed but there are times I am working on 200 to 600 seat theater speakers and if the customer wants them cranked up I do so. Yes these are high fidelity speakers and poor components would be noticeable.
simao;
With the lengths you mentioned, audiophool BS aside, two different lengths will make no difference that any human ear can discern. The only real consideration is the gauge you use as it has more of an effect on the sound than length does. From my personal experience, 10 gauge tends to favor bass at the expense of highs, and 14-16 tends to be brighter. I have always had the best results using 12 to 14 gauge wire. If you are into making your own cables, check out http://www.knukonceptz.com/. They sell quality wire and connection accessories at realistic prices.