Record clamp/weight and turntable speed

Hey all. So today I thought for the first time if having a substantial weight or clamp on the spindle affects the platter rotation speed. It doesn't for me, as far as I can tell, but if not, why would that be so?
128x128simao
Oh, and while we're on the topic of record clamps, what justifies the Shun Mooks $5,000 record clamp? 
Vaguely Asian/mystical New Age name full of cache and no real meaning. This combined with nobody having the faintest idea what is going on even if it's laid out in detail, is more than enough to capture a few sales from people with that kind of scratch burning a hole in their trust fund. After all it is only $5k. Putin has a $144,000 toilet brush in a guest bathroom he's never even been in. Don't have to sell many at those prices now do you?
I disagree on Stillpoints record weight. It eliminates vinyl vibration and clears a slight tizzyness in some highs. Record warped--I put the VPI  perimeter record clamp.

The first table I saw with a reflex clamp was the Oracle Delphi. As described above, a thin (1/16") washer is slid down the spindle and onto the platter---under the LP, which of course raises the LP off the surface of the platter by the same height. The reflex clamp is then tightened down onto the LP, slightly bending it and securing it to the platter, in the process removing all but the worst warps.

VPI’s first table---the HW-19, was of the same design. Both the Oracle and VPI clamps were threaded (as were the top of the platter spindles), and the underside of the clamps dished (raised around the perimeter on the underside).

BDR made a reflex clamp with the same threading as VPI: 1/4-20, both as a 1-piece and a 2-piece. Both also had a dished underside. @slaw decided using a clamp provides a pathway for bearing noise to make it into the PVC of the LP. so sold his BDR clamp. I still have my 1-piece.

Herbies makes a washer specifically for use with reflex clamps, made of their proprietary damping material. 1/16" thick, 1-1/4" diameter.