Does it annoy you when companies don't show the internals of electronics ?

I noticed that merrill audio and mcintosh general don't show all the internals of their electronics. A friend of mine actually asked merrill to see pics of the internals of their amps and pres. The remark from merrill... 'people listen to how they sound they don't look at whats inside.'

But why hide it? Are they trying to protect some secrets of their tech? Might as well just show it... if you have dones something truly exceptional people will appreciate that and its going to be that easy to rip off.
smodtactical
One person's "neat" wiring is another's excessively long conductors, lack of star grounding, lack of equal resistance/thermal paths for capacitors, etc.

One person gets thrilled by "audio" caps in a power supply, another thinks waste of money compared to high volume switch mode capacitors (that work as well), and wonders if they measured the inrush current, how is the ripple current, did anyone do in-situ temperature measurements to look at the capacitor life?

What is "clean" and acceptable for low frequency and/or where noise does not matter (i.e. an industrial control panel) could be completely at odds with a good analog layout.
Most companies don’t want you to see inside for they are mainly 
average or below bless spending $$ , I have my system modded on every piece of gear I buy . Loudspeakers I do myself  for you will never get premium quality parts with stock gear unless it’s premium quality .
So did VMPS. Point to Point.. They Never changed that part. BUT the 6 db XO went to a 12 db Quasi second order.. Ser/Par design.. You’ll see a design change, it’s the nature of a better design with Quasi Second order.. Easier to trim the mids and tweeter left to right, and mids to highs..
Hand made inductor trim...or decoil a flat coil inductor to trim.. Maybe, we’ll see..

Not at the current price though... Those business models WEAR you out... Need to get out before your WORE out.. Dedicated those guys, for sure.. I’m glad I’m retired, and could retire.

Inspecting speaker cabinets for flaws? I’d be to picky.. They would have to get the ol poly dip. Then this, then that.. Drive me nuttier..:-) Employees, bla, bla, bla..

Time to feed the chickens.. Chicken coops are a little easier to design anyways.. And a heck of a lot easier to make happy.. FOOD, SCRATCH...

Regards..
Having designed a lot of electronics in my career, I feel strongly that companies not willing to show internal photos are hiding something. The argument that they are protecting intellectual property just doesn't hold up, as its nearly impossible to reverse engineer from photos taken with the top, or bottom, off.