Does it annoy you when companies don't show the internals of electronics ?

I noticed that merrill audio and mcintosh general don't show all the internals of their electronics. A friend of mine actually asked merrill to see pics of the internals of their amps and pres. The remark from merrill... 'people listen to how they sound they don't look at whats inside.'

But why hide it? Are they trying to protect some secrets of their tech? Might as well just show it... if you have dones something truly exceptional people will appreciate that and its going to be that easy to rip off.
smodtactical
We simply know so little of what matters and what does not. We can look all we want.
1: How could anyone think that two of these could possibly sound the same??

2: When it goes wrong who is going to trace that rats nest out to fix it??

3: It very dangerous and definitely not approved, the way things are mounted/not mounted.

Cheers George
I had a phono cartridge grounding problem with my Mytek Brooklyn BB. Their techie told me to open the top and reconnect a wire to another socket. Apparently, when you use a low output cartridge it’s best to alter the wiring configuration a bit. The techie emailed me a couple photos to help me do it. At first I balked. The techie replied, "C’mon!" I did the job. In any case, I found the insides of the device to be immaculate. No side effects from the change, either.
Depends on what floats your boat.. I like flowers to, and a fine figured lady. I don't want one BUTT cheek bigger than the other. NO Amego!  :-)

BUT there is something about a GREAT wiring layout. It’s all routed secured and will work for the next 100 years because of the care putting it together.. There is some serious Artist out there.. look at that PIC George had.. Geez.. I don’t know what that cost.. A FORTUNE...

I like ORDER, symmetry, Screw slot alignment.. Especially in the middle of chaos. I’m PICKY...REALLY picky... :-)

Regards
Tekton uses point to point crossover construction. This is very good. They use air core inductors. This is good. They use film caps, not electrolytics for the most part. This is good. The crossover design is also very innovative and effective. This is good. The tweeter arrays are just wonderfully innovative and extremely effective. Tweeters and woofers are each homerun wired to the crossover. This is good. This is good. So when I take apart Tekton speakers I think I will like what I hear.

Some know what to look for, some do not. However, enough of us do so let’s see inside. Seems like common sense to see what you are paying for.