Does it annoy you when companies don't show the internals of electronics ?

I noticed that merrill audio and mcintosh general don't show all the internals of their electronics. A friend of mine actually asked merrill to see pics of the internals of their amps and pres. The remark from merrill... 'people listen to how they sound they don't look at whats inside.'

But why hide it? Are they trying to protect some secrets of their tech? Might as well just show it... if you have dones something truly exceptional people will appreciate that and its going to be that easy to rip off.
smodtactical
Mark Levinson insides look impressive. Sound, unfortunately, is not.
Tekton insides look a mess. Sound, fortunately, is quite the opposite.

Sometimes a look inside is worth a lot. When learning about Schumann generators there was a review of some $400 thing that had a picture of the inside that showed clearly all that is in there is the exact same circuit board sold on eBay for $12.   

Now really when you think about it, that is exactly what you are going to see inside virtually every component. Only instead of just one board its caps, resistors, wires, but all of it the exact same thing you can find for pennies on line.

No kidding. Just TODAY in fact there's a guy with a really expensive well regarded phono stage and he's replacing the diode with the exact OEM part and it costs fifty cents. 

When I suggest upgrading that one part to get significant improvement, another absolutely empty suit who shall remain nameless claims this can do nothing.  

So here in a nutshell is the true nature of having a look inside. We simply know so little of what matters and what does not. We can look all we want. In the end, if it sounds good then we can only admire the way it's put together. If it don't, well then who cares how it looks?

Post removed 
@millercarbon
We simply know so little of what matters and what does not. We can look all we want. In the end, if it sounds good then we can only admire the way it’s put together. If it don’t, well then who cares how it looks?
I agree with you but isn’t it great when what you see correlates with what you hear? There are circuit designers who can achieve tremendous sound from relatively ordinary but reliable parts, but few to none who can do it by cutting corners. Some of us like George and Grannyring probably know exactly what they are looking at and even others like me have seen enough to know when something doesn’t pass the sniff test as to power supply, internal layout, and parts quality. As to proprietary designs, there are a few who hide small stuff (i.e., like which chip they are using) but very few who do not let you look inside.....to the point where you wonder if they are hiding something. The worst are those like about 10 years ago when Lexicon was putting Oppos inside of their cases and charging a lot more.
We simply know so little of what matters and what does not. We can look all we want.
1: How could anyone think that two of these could possibly sound the same??

2: When it goes wrong who is going to trace that rats nest out to fix it??

3: It very dangerous and definitely not approved, the way things are mounted/not mounted.

Cheers George
I had a phono cartridge grounding problem with my Mytek Brooklyn BB. Their techie told me to open the top and reconnect a wire to another socket. Apparently, when you use a low output cartridge it’s best to alter the wiring configuration a bit. The techie emailed me a couple photos to help me do it. At first I balked. The techie replied, "C’mon!" I did the job. In any case, I found the insides of the device to be immaculate. No side effects from the change, either.