Does it annoy you when companies don't show the internals of electronics ?

I noticed that merrill audio and mcintosh general don't show all the internals of their electronics. A friend of mine actually asked merrill to see pics of the internals of their amps and pres. The remark from merrill... 'people listen to how they sound they don't look at whats inside.'

But why hide it? Are they trying to protect some secrets of their tech? Might as well just show it... if you have dones something truly exceptional people will appreciate that and its going to be that easy to rip off.
smodtactical
As a reviewer, some thoughts:
If you wish to protect your country’s small business interests, perhaps you might wish to reconsider promoting exposure of potential proprietary info that could be copied and eventually weaken the manufacturer’s sales.

I have found only a weak correlation between interior appearance and sound quality in comparison to other similar products. I have not found nice looking interior and parts to guarantee superior sound, nor necessarily better reliability. It would be nice if it were so, but I have not seen it appear as a rule for component selection - at least if the goal is building a superior sounding rig. :)

I am not interested in debating my observations. 

Could not disagree more with Doug. Not interested in debating my experience and observations 😊. Too funny.

If one knows a great deal about parts, layout, builds DIY gear, then we know what to look for. This is especially true with tube electronics. Critical to see the build, layout and such. I can look at internal pics of tube gear and know pretty quickly if I will like the sound and long term reliability of the unit.

Just show me the power supply in many dacs, preamps and amplifiers and I will know pretty quickly if I want the unit.  I get what Doug is saying if under the hood looks like foreign language to the buyer. No help in those situations.  Many in this hobby do know a great deal however. 
Not do debate you, grannyring, but I was not saying that parts upgrades are not efficaicous; I concur with that. I'm saying that by looking at a component, the sound quality in relation to any other given component cannot be determined. If you disagree, great. So, we differ.  :) 
Let me be clear. I am not suggesting something that is not visually appealing or seems wrong from an engineering standpoint will sound bad (ie. wells audio internals that look like a train smashed into a pile of IEDs). But sometimes I think part of the joy of ownership is knowing whats inside your electronics and see the great care that was put into the design of the devices.

Okay then let me be clear: You take your screwdriver....
Not seeing inside of some of those fancy CNC'ed  cases is probably a good thing.

Open some up-generic components and hardware etc. in a big box, with a HUGE price tag.