Psvane CV181 TII in both driver and splitter on VAC Renaissance 70/70?

Hi everyone, I dropped a pair of Psvane into my VAC ren 70/70 in the splitter sockets, and I love the improved sound.  I currently have EH in the driver sockets, and I'm considering getting another pair of Psvane to drop in there.

Problem is they're a bit pricey, and not available at the snap of a finger.   

The other issue, I've seen people say a mixed setup - one kind of tube for splitting and one for output, will yield a better sound than using the same tube for everything.  Some idea of cancelling out weaknesses vs accentuting them I think.

Anyway, I'd love to hear any thoughts on this.  The improvement from the Psvanes was enough that I'd like to see what I get.

Thanks!

vineland
Your, "...other issue..." is addressed; in the third paragraph from the bottom, of this tube survey/comparison:          http://www.dehavillandhifi.com/6sn7_vt.htm        A well-chosen, NOS pair of decent 6SN7s would benefit your presentation.     A nice amp, like your VAC, deserves good tubes.
My preamp has two pairs of 6SN7 signal and driver tubes, and while I enjoyed splitting tubes with one pair of new, and a second pair of my best NOS tubes, what worked best was two very closely matched pairs/triodes of the same brand of boutique tubes.  The tubes are from a related company who ended up selling their tooling to PSVANE, running a quad of them now, sound fantastic. The NOS are now sitting in a box.